Monday, January 7, 2013

Does CareSource insurance cover Lasik eye Surgery?

Q. I just moved to Ohio and am attending medical school and have caresource and was wondering if it would cover lasik eye surgery. I have had contacts and glasses my whole life and have always had problems with contacts irritating my eyes and I can't stand to wear glasses for the amount of time I need to being in school all day long! Anyone know if there is anyways that it could be covered by CareSource?

A. Not sure that Care Source will cover any of the Lasik costs, perhaps a few percent? Ask them?

I have seen a colleague of mine save $2000 on his lasik in PA through 2020vision4less.


What insurance companies cover LASIK eye surgery and at what percentage?
Q. What insurance companies cover LASIK eye surgery and at what percentage?
http://NatashaObama.cn/health-insurance.html
http://NatashaObama.cn/health-insurance.html
http://NatashaObama.cn/health-insurance.html

A. None that I know of. It is considered elective and cosmetic.


If you have a job that covers health insurance how do you knwo if it includes cosmetic surgery?
Q. My father is in the Navy and if it wish he could get lasik eye surgery or even cosmetic surgery for free. I was wondering why is that and i will be entering the apprenticeship program soon for san diego shipyard and i was wondering how do you know if it will cover it for free if nothing is wrong with your face or anything.I myself do have a problem breathing through my nose but not where it think i would need a nose job but i mean if it got to the point i just got sick of it.

A. Cosmetic surgeries are never covered. If they were everyone would have large breasts and straight noses. If you're having trouble breathing then you can get that fixed, but they won't break the nose and straighten it. That part is cosmetic.


How old do you have to be to get Lasik Eye Surgery?
Q. I'm currently 14 but turning 15 in September. Is it possible for me to get eye surgery to make my vision better? I have HORRIBLE vision without my contacts or glasses. Everything is a blur it's hard for me to see anything. I live in California if that matters.

A. There are many differnt factors that need to be taken into consideration to determine if a person is a good candidate for LASIK. Firstly, you must be AT LEAST 18. Secondly, the patient has to have a stable prescription, meaning that it hasn't changed for at least a year; preferably two. There are other factors such as pupil size, corneal thickness, and tear production (because a side effect of LASIK is dry eyes and if a person's tear production is low to begin with, it will be WORSE post-operatively) All of this criteria is established through a LASIK work-up and if all the tests come out fine, then a person is considered to be a good candidate.

So, you have a few years to save up for it. I know here in Pennsylvania, there aren't many vision insurance plans that cover LASIK yet.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does CareSource insurance cover Lasik eye Surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP