Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Has anyone had lasik at the Lasik Eye Institute in Atlanta, GA?

Q. I am having surgery Saturday but wanted to do some research first. was wondering if anyone had the surgery done at the Lasik eye Institute and was the experience a good one or bad one. I am just nervous cuz I dont want to end up blind in the end.
CORRECTION: Its the Lasik Vision Institute

A. yeah i had it done.. well both my parents and my grandparent did.. your going to be surprised in the results.. They had it done about a year ago.. they used to wear glasses n' contacts and know that they had the lasic eye surgery done, they see real well.. The only thing is that when you get done, you have to wear these special black glasses or sunglasses you could say everywhere you go so that dust doesn't get in your eye.. Annnd after all that for bout a week or so you have to put solution in your eyes so they dont' dry out.. lol.. you won't end up blind... funny though...


Recommendations for Lasik Surgery in Atlanta, GA~?
Q. I am trying to decide on if I should have lasik Surgery done and my biggest question is where would be the best place in Atlanta. I have heard good things about the lasik vision institute but I was wondering what everyone's recommendation was. Also I was wondering what the average cost was around~

A. There are many qualified Lasik surgeons in Atlanta. I work with a nonprofit patient advocacy that evaluates patient outcomes and certify doctors who meet our organization's requirements. We don't provide Lasik, just Lasik information and surgeon certification. You can visit our organization for a list of certified doctors.

We also publish the 50 Tough Questions for Your Lasik Doctor, whichcan help guide you through the surgeon evaluation process.

Lasik cost ranges from $299 to over $2,500 per eye, with an average of around $1,250 per eye, depending upon what you need. Not everyone will require the same technique or technology and there are many, many variables.


Inexpensive Lasik Surgery? Seeking same?
Q. I currently live in Atlanta, but will be relocating to north florida in about a month. I am looking for a place to provide me with lasik surgery. I have a prescription of about -6.50 in both eyes! Any recommendations?

A. To be honest, your eyesight is too valuable to trust to the "lowest bidder". Find the BEST Lasik MD and talk to his/her office. They may let you pay over time.


Do you personally know anyone that has had Lasik and should I get LASIK eye surgery?
Q. I've been wanting Lasik for years now. I have been completely dependent on contacts and glasses to see for almost 15 years now (I'm almost 27). I also have an astigmatism in one eye, which I know can be fixed with the surgery. But because of the astigmatism in that eye, I will never been able to see perfectly with contacts and glasses.

However, I have been reading a ton of horror stories online the past few days since I started seriously researching the procedure. There are tons of websites dedicated to trying to convince people not to have the surgery. They tout negative effects such as blurry vision, starbursts, loss of contrast, ghosting, double vision, permanent dry eye, etc. So I'm wondering if it is going to be worth the risk? I couldn't bear having a permanent problem with my vision because of something I did to myself, but on the other hand this could be the best thing for my vision. I just don't know!

Please only answer if you personally know someone such as a close friend or family member that has had the surgery and tell me what the results have been, good or bad. Bonus points if they went to a doctor in Atlanta.

Thanks.

A. While I have no experience personally or with anyone in Atlanta, I used to work at an office that did Lasik procedures weekly.
You would have to be screened and tested before they even could determine if you're a candidate. There are pretty strict guidelines and not everyone who wears glasses or contacts is eligible for it.
That being said, yes there are horror stories, as with everything else in life. Different people react differently. The best advice I can give you is- do your research. Listen to word of mouth (which seems to be what you're looking for, so already you are on the right path).
Meet with numerous doctors and don't be shy about asking questions. If they are a reputable physician, they should be ok to answer any and all questions you will have.
Remember, your vision is nothing to play around with.
And remember, you get what you pay for. Don't go for someone just because they are cheap!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anyone had lasik at the Lasik Eye Institute in Atlanta, GA?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP