Monday, January 7, 2013

At what age can i get my laser eye surgery?

Q. I am currently 14, i want to know at what age can i get lasik. And what changes does it make to your eyes after the surgery? 10 points.

A. legally in the US: 18

but

a whole lot of nearsighted people are not done getting more nearsighted at age 18. a bunch of them are not stable enough for lasik until they're like 22


Good candidate for lasik eye surgery?
Q. I am nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other and I also have an astigmatism in one eye. Does anyone know if I'd be a good candidate for lasik eye surgery?

A. It depends on a lot of things such as stable prescription, pupil size, thickness of cornea, age, ect.
But, docs can do lasik even though you are farsighted in one eye and nearsighted in the other.
Schedule a consultation. It takes about a half an hour and 99% offer a FREE consultation.


How much does it cost to have a lasic eye surgery?
Q. I am nearsighted and live in nyc.

A. I just went to a Lasik consultation the other day, and the doctor quoted me $600 per eye for the standard procedure, and $1000 per eye for "custom" Lasik, where they take hundreds of pictures of your eye before the surgery, to make it a bit more precise and safeguard against potential complications.

I'm not in NYC, but I imagine those numbers are pretty standard.


What type of eye surgery is better and involves less risk if any at all?
Q. I am nearsighted male and my job requires perfect vision. My vision now is 20/100 (better actually, but let's say it is worse, for worst scenerio). By the time I take surgery I would be 19-21 years old. So what type of surgery is better for me and why?
Thanks!

A. If you are still a few years away, you certainly don't need to make any decisions now. LASIK is for most people the best choice. However there is a whole alphabet soup out there of other options including PRK and LASEK. You would indeed be foolish if when it came time to do your surgery, your surgeon recommended PRK or something that is not even available yet and you said, "No, I must have LASIK because someone on Yahoo Answers once said it is best."





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: At what age can i get my laser eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP