Monday, January 7, 2013

How old do you have to be for laser eye surgery?

Q. I'm 13 and I've have glasses since I was 13 months, I really want a change, I've had contact lenses and I thought they were nice so I started considering whEther or not to have laser eye surgery, but I just want to know how old I have to be, I've discussed it with my parents and now we just want to save up for it, but before we finalise anything I would love to know how old I have to be??

A. You have to be 18 before you can have laser vision correction. You need to make sure your prescription has been stable and has not been fluctuating. You have awhile to go before this can become an option so in the mean time just enjoy your contact lenses but just no that freedom from both glasses and contacts is only 5 years away if you qualify for this life changing procedure. When you are at the age there is alot of laser vision clinics that offer free consultations to see if you are eligible. It is very in depth exam that can take up to 2-3 hours. Just make sure when you are ready you really do your research on the clinic, surgeon and technology. Your eyes are precious and you want the best.I wish you all the luck in years to come and I hope you are the perfect candidate.


Can eye ball grow after laser eye surgery and why?
Q. I had a check up today at laser eye clinic to check if i can have lasik again after 5 yrs as the shortsightness has returned slightly over the years on my right eye and doctor said can't have surgery anymore as my retina is thin and the reason that the shortsightness has returned is becuase the eye ball has grown and made my vision worse slightly! my qeustion is how does that happen and why my eye ball has grown?

A. Yes, your eye ball can grow longer, and it has nothing to do with the laser surgery. The LASIK affects your eye's cornea. It's kind of like the window at the front of the eye.
The eye can get longer if you are still in a growth spurt, and still a teenager. But myopic eyes may experience lengthening eyes anyway throughout adulthood, but the rate of change may be much slower.
If you did this LASIK thing as a kid, then that was a mistake, because you should get it done when your myopia (eye prescription) is stable for a few years as an adult.


How to get better eye vision ?
Q. How to get better eye vision ?
like any remedies what kind of vitamins because i dont want glasses or contacts ;( how much will it cost for laser eye surgery then?

A. well, carrots help with retinal health but nothing but LASIK would make them get better and u can only have that if u have certain prescriptions. Wearing contacts isnt a big deal. Ive been wearing them since i was 5


can laser eye surgery work to reduce your prescription as well as cure you?
Q. My eyes are outside the range of laser/lasik surgery, I was wondering if the surgery can be used to reduce my prescription from a -12 to say a -6 or 8?

A. Yes it can.

See a decent opthalmic surgeon rather than a high street optician - although the normal range is up to -10 it can be possible to work on a 'worse' prescription depending on your needs and the overall condition of your eyes. The guy who did my eyes yesterday did cataract and laser correction surgery on an 80+ year old woman and got her MINUS 37 eyes up to -1.5 - pretty awesome!!

Chalice





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How old do you have to be for laser eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP