Saturday, December 15, 2012

How bad is -4.25 vision in both eyes? And could It be fixed with Laser eye surgery?

Q.

A. It is on the higher end for a prescription but I have seen individuals with a -12 before so don't be to concerned. You have to complete an eye exam to see if you are a candidate for laser vision correction. There is alot of factors that come into play to see if you are a good candidate such as corneal thickness, prescription and over all healthiness of the eye. There are alot of centres that offer free consultations. Just make sure you choose and good and reputable centre. Look at surgeon and technology that they offer. I had laser eye surgery and it truly is a life changer. I really hope that you are a good candidate for laser vision correction.


Where can I buy coopervision encore premium contact lenses?
Q. Right eye BC 8.6 - DIA 14.4 - Pwr -4.00
Left eye BC B.6 - DIA 14.4 - Pwr -4.25

I can't find it on the Contact lenses sites. It doesn't have to be that brand, just that prescription.

A. I noticed the power on your prescription and have you thought about laser surgery. It may be worth it in the long run, just something to ask your regular eye doctor.


laser eye surgery?
Q. I dont have the best eyes in the world. I think my perscription is 4.25 and 4.50. I also have Amblyopia lazy eye. I'm 20 years ol;d and I have allways hated wearing glasses. I have heard allot of good thing about lasik and other procedures. I really want to get something done with my eyes. Any one know if laser surgery would be a good idea for me for me ? I've also heard that it better to wait until your late twenties to get it done but thats with a regular condition. Any info on laser eye surgery is very much appreciated. Thanks again Glen

A. I had lasik surgery done last August and it was the best thing i done, i am 24 so the surgeon was a little hesitant to agree to do it until i had researched my immediate family and there prescriptions to determine if my eyes were going to deteriorate any further. They were similar to mine so he was happy to do it. If you live in the UK i would recommend optimax as they were really helpful and didn't try to force me to commit on the spot and the surgeon who does your consultation is the one who performs the procedure as some other clinics you only get to see the nurses.


laser eye surgery question?
Q. I have very bad eyesight right now (my contacts are 3.25 and 4.50 diopters for my right and left eyes, respectively, and I think the diopters for my glasses are even worse). I want to get laser eye surgery in the future (I'm not eligible now because I barely turned 17 a month ago). I was just wondering how long should I wait to get the surgery, what condition my eyes need to be in to qualify for surgery, and how much should a good surgery cost?

A. hello. i recently had lasik surgery 4 weeks ago and it is wonderful!!! no problems or complications whatsoever!!
my contacts were 4.25 and 4.50, so i feel your pain!

i know that the age for surgery is 18, but any good doctor would want you to wait until your at least 23-24. this is because they want to make sure that your eyes arent going to get any worse. Most people at age 18 experience changes in their vision, especially if they are still in school and are reading a lot...

the eye doctor will have you undergo several different eye exams before being able to tell you if you are qualified. (again, this is what good eye doctors do). you should go through at least 2 days worth of tests before the surgery. these tests will be able to tell you if you are eligible for lasik surgery and if you are old enough. these tests just tell them how healthy your eyes are, make sure your corneas arent thin, etc. Also, you need to have the same prescription for a year before they will consider it (this proves that your eyesight isnt still changing)

eye surgery is expensive, but its well worth it. i would expect to pay at least 1000-2000 per eye. i would recommend making a consultation visit with a reputable surgeon as soon as you hit 18 to find out if your qualified...

visit http://www.usaeyes.org/ for a list of good/bad doctors in your area!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How bad is -4.25 vision in both eyes? And could It be fixed with Laser eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP