Friday, December 14, 2012

Is PRK surgery to correct vision safe and does it have any long lasting effects?

Q. What the advantages and disadvantages of it compared to LASIK. Also how bad can your vision be and you can still get it?

A. There are risks involving any laser eye surgery whether it is PRK, LASIK, LASEK, etc. I suggest you read information on this website:

http://www.lasiksucks4u.com/

You may be interested to know that there is an alternative treatment for blurry vision called natural vision correction. It consists of specific eye exercises and techniques that can improve your eye sight and it's completely safe.

I used to be short sighted with slight astigmatism and was able to improve my vision completely with these exercises. Eye exercises require persistence, but they are worth every bit of it. Read more about eye exercises here:

http://www.refractiveeyedisorders.com/ryv

Hope this helps!

Best regards,


How long should it take my dialated eyes to return to normal?
Q. I had my eyes dilated yesterday pre-op for LASIK surgery. It has been 28 hours now and my eyes are still dilated and really dry. My eye doctor told me that these drops are strong but I never expected them to last this long. At what point should I be concerned?

A. It depends on what drop was used. Can take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days, depending on the drop.

Call the eye doctor and ask how long it should have lasted and whether you should be concerned.


How long does the dry eyes last after lasik surgery?
Q. I went to my post opp appointment a week after the surgery and I got my eyes tested. My vision was still blurry and I took all my drops. They told me the reason my vision is still blurry is because I have extremly dry eyes. Can that be true?

A. If you had dry eye before Lasik then it is very likely that you will continue to have dry eye after and it may actually be more noticeable. If you had borderline quality tears before Lasik then most likely you will continue to have dryness issues for a few months. Hopefully you will return to normal but some never do completely return to their previous quality. If you had quite adequate tears before Lasik then you should see gradual improvement over several weeks or a month or two. Most , though, will return to a manageable level of tear quality eventually. You need to lubricate lubricate lubricate now.


How long does it take to recover from Lasik Eye Surgery?
Q. I'm in the Army and wanted to get this done when I get back from Iraq in a couple months, but I don't want it to effect my work too much.

A. Remeber that if you get LASIK done by a civilian doctor you are responsible for all follow up care. You cannot get the surgery then show up at your duty station expecting care and cover for medication, you will get charged. Also, if the civilian surgery goes poorly and you end up with permanent vision loss, you can be discharged from the Army with NO benefits. If you are getting it done through DoD then you are given TDY after you get written permission from your Commander.

The estimated LASIK recovery time will vary significantly from one patient to the next. However, the vast majority of patients enjoy improved vision within one to two days after the surgical procedure. Although the vision may improve after this brief period and the healing process may have begun sufficiently, it is important to note the full recovery may take up to six months.

Patients are usually able to return to work and other activities within one to three days after LASIK surgery but are not considered to be fully recovered at this time. After approximately three days most patients have improved vision, decreased discomfort and decreased watering of the eyes. Other conditions, such as sensitivity to light and blurred vision may last for up to a week. Dry eyes and poor night vision can last for up to four weeks. Additionally, patients can expect to experience fluctuations in visual acuity for up to six months after the procedure. By this time the eye should be fully recovered and the patient and surgeon should have an understanding of whether the procedure produced the desired results or there is a need for additional procedures.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is PRK surgery to correct vision safe and does it have any long lasting effects?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP