Sunday, December 2, 2012

What kind of doctor do i see for dark under eye circles and eye bags?

Q. I have dark under eye circles and eye bags. What kind of doctor should I see to seek consultation? Also if you guys know of a good one here in San Francisco/ San Jose Area? Thanks to all!

A. I'd suggest seeing a plastic surgeon.
They will most likely suggest blepharoplasty,
which is basically eyelid surgery that will give you a much more rejuvenated, rested, alert and healthy appearance(:


Is laser eye surgery worth the risk if it means I can fly?
Q. I want to be a pilot in the air force more than anything. I heard that they allow laser eye surgery in some situations. My vision is 20/60 correctable to 20/10. If I should be so lucky as to get the opportunity..is laser eye surgery worth it? I don't want to ruin my life with a mistake..but I don't want live my life with regret either...

A. I'm no doctor, but as a retired WSO in the USAF, I CAN tell you that eye surgery was actually encouraged among aircrews. There's two types: LASIK, and "PRK". Of the two PRK is more expensive, generally, but provides better results, and was the approved technique. I understand, now though, that LASIK is also acceptable.
Before you spend the money on an initial exam, and possibly surgery though, I would ensure you can pass the other requirements for an Initial Class I Phyiscal:
No astigmatism, and good/excellent depth perception
No significant loss of hearing
No history of asthma, heart conditions or high/low blood pressure
Haven't been unconscious for more than 5-6 minutes since the age of 12. (Being under for surgery is OK.)
Have a sitting height of =< 48". Don't want to leave your knees behind if you have to eject some day.
Not diabetic. History of diabetes in your family's OK, as long as you aren't tested positive.
Not tested positive for HIV.
Not excessively over/underweight for your height, AND at least 5'4" for males, 5' for females (though this can be waivered.
If you're pretty much otherwise good to go, and this is what you really want to do, then maybe you should consider an initial exam. Not everyone has vision that can be laser-corrected.


What is the best product for decreasing under eye darkness/puffiness?
Q. I have been waking up with puffy, dark under eyes lately. Are there any tried and true products out there to fix this? Could it be a vitamin or mineral deficiency? Are there any "procedures" to correct this? Someone told me there was a procedure that cauterizes the under eye "bag" and closes up the area so water can't rest there. Has anyone heard of this or know what it is called?

A. Most likely iron deficiency if they are dark bags - you can have surgery to fix it, otherwise I reccoment tea tree oil and cold teabags - always works for me!!


Is there any product on the market that will get rid of under eye bags?
Q. I have terrible bags under my eyes. Alot of it is hereditary, but alot of it is also having sleeping problems for years. I've used alot of under eye creams and they don't work at all. I've pretty much told myself that I'm probably going to have to undergo undereye surgery to have that part of my eye tightened. I am over 40, so I'm sure it's age as well.

If you know of a product that has worked, please let me know. Thank you!

A. You can try these eye creams:
http://www.castlebaths.com/eye-creams.html

They are purely made from natural ingredients and are really helpful in treating eye bags and puffiness.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of doctor do i see for dark under eye circles and eye bags?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP