Friday, January 4, 2013

How long does lasik eye surgery last for?

Q. Let's say I decide to get it at age 20. About how long does it last before I start needing glasses again?
I'm deciding to switch to contacts again or get lasik eye surgery. Contacts would probably cost me around ~$300 a year. Lasik eye surgery would probably cost me like ~$4500 or something. If lasik eye surgery can last for 15+ years, then it would probably be better for me.
My eyesight is like -6.00 and I have astigmatism if that matters.

A. the answer is that its totally unpredicatable. Laser surgery corrects your eyesight as it is. If it goes down afterwards you are back to glasses. This is why they dont' do it until you are in your twenties as childrens perscriptions changes a lot in their teens. However it can change when you are an adult and there is no way of predicting it. they usually insist that you have 2 years of stable perscriptions first to give a best chance.

You need to look at not only the costs but teh risks. Laser surgery does have risks and that depends on you and your perscription.


How much does under eye surgery cost?
Q. My Mom really wants under eye surgery for her bags and dark cirlces. Does any one have any ideas to how much we should be looking to pay?

A. My mom had this surgery a few years ago because she was having health problems and a loss of peripheral vision as a result of the drooping eyelids. I think she told it was about $3500.00 normally but insurance covered most of it because of the problems she was experiencing. Your mother may want to check if insurance will cover her surgery as well.

Here are some sites with information on it.
http://www.eyemdlink.com/EyeProcedure.asp?EyeProcedureID=25

http://www.docshop.com/education/cosmetic/face/eyelid-surgery/cost/


How much does lasik eye surgery cost nowadays?
Q. I've been wanting lasik eye surgery for a long while now coz I'm so sick of contacts and glasses. Is there monthly payments or payment in full? And will getting lasik get rid of astigmatism, or lazy eyes as well??

A. Mine was about $2K per eye. But it depends on the method of surgery, the extensiveness of corrective work needed, and the doctor you use.
Most places have financing available. I think it can help astigmatism, but I don't know about lazy eye. Consultations are usually free of charge so be sure to visit a few doctors to find the one that's best for you.

These are your eyes, you don't want to bargain shop, and the price is worth it.


how much does cherry eye corrective surgery cost?
Q. my sisters dog, a chihuahua about 4 months old has cherry eye, it barely appeared a few weeks ago. i've noticed that it comes and goes depending on her level of stress, when she gets really mad it pops out, it shes calm it goes back in.

i was wondering how much does surgery cost, in az, to put it back in place?

A. that is something you would have to discuss with your vet. all vets have different pricing. don't necessarily go with the cheapest though, go with the one you trust.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long does lasik eye surgery last for?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP