Thursday, January 17, 2013

What is the price for Lasik in Houston TX???

Q. I am thinking of doing Lasik eye surgery in Houston TX. what are the rates? I have -4.5 in both eyes and I am 23 years old.

A. looks like you may have to do additional research on the sites listed at the web page below


How much should I expect to pay for Lasik surgery?
Q. I have worn contacts since the 5th grade and they are starting to dry out my eyes. I would like to get the Lasik surgery, but I want to make sure it is an option I can afford. I'm sure there is financing available.

For the record, this is in Houston, Texas. I am not interested in going elsewhere for the surgery.
Also, I need the surgery because I have astigmatism, and I'm nearsighted.
I'm 23 years old. I know, the 5th grade comment made me sound really young.

A. We charge between 2800-4000 for both eyes depending on what your prescription is. And there are other factors such as corneal thickness and pupil size that determine which lasik procedure is better for you. The most important thing is to find a reputable surgeon in your area. Ask around to friends and co-workers for advice as well. Most places do free consultations, so if you are really unsure go to a couple of places and get information about the surgeon and pricing. Most places can give you information regarding financing. It is usually through an outside company such as CareCredit or Capital One. Those are two that we offer. I had lasik done
2 1/2 yrs ago and absolutely love it. Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions.


How can my friend get some help getting a corneal transplant- financially mostly?
Q. My friend, who is 40, and lives near Houston, Tx. has been out of work for over 4 years mainly due to the fact he became legally blind. He had one eye operated on already (corneal transplant), and his vision in that one eye has improved. However, he is still legally blind in the other eye. Soon, my friend may be able to drive and work again, but that hasn't happened yet.

My friend is eager to have his sight in both eyes, rather than just one. The organization that helped him with the first surgery won't operate on the second eye. So now my friend doesn't have the funding to pay for the entire procedure.

Any useful advise (orgainzations, clinics, websites, etc.) for my friend in how to get assicstance for his much needed eye operation. Thank you.

A. Tell hhim good luck. Most people can't get that surgery till they qualify for Medicare, no matter how long they've needed it. Our society has really developed a Catch-22 vicious cycle when it comes to damage that virtually prevents employment. You lose the job, can't afford the COBRA insurance, already made too much that year to get medicare/medicaid, can't work till after successful surgery, can't remortgage the house to pay for it but will lose everything if you can't find a job.
I hope someone has your answer!


How much money did you start investing with?
Q. Are you a self-employed investor or do you have another job, if so what is it?

A. I began with $5,000

Built it up via penny stocks...to $713,000.

Lost all but $4K in a divorce.

Built it up again to $780K.

Lost it when I became blind.

Four surgeries later and eyes in good shape, I'm again in rebuilding mode, about halfway back.

I'm an investment consultant, also VP of Investor Relations for a Houston company. It's been an incredible ride. Don't let anyone talk you out of your dream, whether it's penny stocks, foreign microcaps or collecting bottle caps.

Len





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the price for Lasik in Houston TX???
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP