Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I had lasik 12 yrs ago, if you had lasik did you notice your eye color change?

Q. My birth certificate and my license says I have brown eyes. but many people lately have said they are more green. and I am now noticing that when I wear green the color in my eyes stands out. before surgery I never could see my eyes clearly and I never noticed since really but lately so many people have said something.
I didn't think it was possible to change eye color from lasik. has anyone else noticed this.
or is it possibly that in the '50s when a baby was born you had either blue or brown eyes?
its funny because both my kids have amazing blue eyes.
they aren't real green but a faint like army green almost. weird.

A. I don't believe that lasik can change the color, as it just changes the shape of the cornea. But what you described is just like my grandmothers. Hers was considered "hazel" in color, sometimes brown, sometimes green....yet none of us got that unique color. I had lasik about 6 years ago. I have found I have develped occular migrains since then. But nothing else.


Pros and cons of each of these 3 things?
Q. 1. Glasses
2. Contact Lenses
3. lazor eye surgury

I currently wear glasses for long distances, and i honestly don't like them, they are a annoyance throughout the day, contact cleaning, losing, breaking, plus in my near future i will be in very physical jobs/school program, where they will fall off and break and lose in water easily (Outdoor education canoing etc)

I want to know if risking keeping them is worth it or not.
What are the pros and cons to the 3 things above. Should i stay with glasses, get contact lenses or get surgery for it?

A. 1. PROS: Glasses are fairly safe because there is nothing physically on your eye (like a contact lens). Glasses are also available in much more styles and colors than they were years ago and most people can find a style that suits them. CONS: Like you said they can get in the way, can break and can be expensive.
2. PROS: Contact lenses eliminate the annoyance of having glasses on your face. Some people feel that they look better without glasses. CONS: The maintenance can be irritating to some. There are also many types of infections and complications that can arise if contacts are not cleaned and cared for properly (corneal abrasion, conjunctivitis, etc.) Some people hate how contacts can make their eyes feel dry as well.
3. Laser Eye Surgery: PROS: This can eliminate the use of glasses and contacts altogether CONS: Some people are not candidates for LASIK.Your cornea has to be thick enough to perform the surgery. The only way to tell if your corneas are thick enough is to visit your Eye M.D. This is also fairly expensive and not covered by most insurance plans. There is also no 100% guarantee that you will be glasses/contact free for the rest of your life. You will most likely need reading glasses in your 50s+ and LASIK does not correct that.

I wear glasses and contacts. My husband had LASIK. He benefitted greatly from the LASIK. I cannot have LASIK. I just wear glasses and sometimes contacts. It really depends on your lifestyle and situation when it comes to choosing what is best for you. Just consider all your options and make a PROS and CONS list for yourself.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I had lasik 12 yrs ago, if you had lasik did you notice your eye color change?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP