Thursday, June 27, 2013

What can I do with my VERY bad eyesight?

lasik eye surgery 16 year old
 on LASIK in 11-years old girl with femtosecond laser VisuMax in NeoVize ...
lasik eye surgery 16 year old image




Tarunn


I have very bad eyes and I was wondering that I can do to improve my eyesight or stop it from getting worse. My right eye is -19 and my left eye is -17. Am only 16 years old and turning 17 in 2 months. Last year, my retina detached on my right eye and I had to get surgery. Right now, it seems that everything is becoming stable. I wanted to know what my options are and any risks I should not take. Can I go blind? Can LASIK make anything better? I am really worried and I don't know what to do.


Answer
Get some specs they work gradually

Can Lasik, or laser eye surgery help correct amblyopia?




John


Hi,
I am 16 years old, and i have amblyopia in my right eye. I have never seen an eye doctor for it until about 9 months ago. My eye has not turned into a lazy eye, and i have no signs of it getting lazy yet and turning in or out. My eye doctor prescribed my with glasses, and she said, " Wearing glasses will help correct my vision as close to 20/20 or right on 20/20 vision, and this will help prevent my eye from becoming lazy."

From what i have read, you can not treat amblyopia, but my eye doctor says that wearing glasses will help prevent it from turning.

What i would like to know is...
Can i get lasik, or laser eye surgery to correct my sight in my amblyopic eye so my eyesight is the same as wearing glasses?
If i can get laser eye surgery to correct my vision to be 20/20 in my eye, will that prevent my eye from turining into a lazy eye?
Also, what is the lowest age i can get laser eye surgery at if possible?

Wouldn't you think that if my doctor said if i wear my glasses that my eye wont turn lazy. Then if i get laser eye surgery to correct my vision, then wouldn't my eye never turn lazy because it would be the same as wearing glasses?

Please help by answering my questions and maybe even including even a little more information. All answers are highly appreciated!!

P.S. I am really worried if my amblyopia would prevent me from joining the marines or army and being something like infantry. Also i am worried about my eye turnng in or out and being lazy..

Thank you!!



Answer
After the age of 9 years, you would not acquire amblyopia even if you dont wear glasses or get LASIK done. It is very clear. The earliest you can get LASIK is after 18 yrs age, and only after the power has stabilised and not growing. Wearing glasses or contacts is important to see the world better, and nothing else. Thanks, M.S.Ravindra www.karthiknetralaya.com www.eye-hospitals.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What can I do with my VERY bad eyesight?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP