Saturday, July 13, 2013

How much should I expect to pay for Lasik surgery?

lasik eye surgery houston
 on Houston LASIK Eye Surgery Expert and Pioneer Jack Holladay, M.D. Joins ...
lasik eye surgery houston image




Green Eyes


I have worn contacts since the 5th grade and they are starting to dry out my eyes. I would like to get the Lasik surgery, but I want to make sure it is an option I can afford. I'm sure there is financing available.

For the record, this is in Houston, Texas. I am not interested in going elsewhere for the surgery.
Also, I need the surgery because I have astigmatism, and I'm nearsighted.
I'm 23 years old. I know, the 5th grade comment made me sound really young.



Answer
We charge between 2800-4000 for both eyes depending on what your prescription is. And there are other factors such as corneal thickness and pupil size that determine which lasik procedure is better for you. The most important thing is to find a reputable surgeon in your area. Ask around to friends and co-workers for advice as well. Most places do free consultations, so if you are really unsure go to a couple of places and get information about the surgeon and pricing. Most places can give you information regarding financing. It is usually through an outside company such as CareCredit or Capital One. Those are two that we offer. I had lasik done
2 1/2 yrs ago and absolutely love it. Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions.

In Texas Houston, who do you recommend for lasik vision correction for minor astigmatism?




breadbox


In Texas Houston, who do you recommend for lasik vision correction for astigmatism? What is the approximate cost? What other things should I be aware about with this procedure and choosing a doctor?


Answer
Its expensive, some insurance agencies do not cover it because they consider it a cosmetic procedure or some other excuse. lasik vision is not permanent, after awhile you must go through it again to keep the correction. LASIK is performed in three steps. The first step is to create a flap of corneal tissue. The second step is remodeling of the cornea underneath the flap with the laser. Finally, the flap is repositioned. A corneal suction ring is applied to the eye, holding the eye in place. This step in the procedure can sometimes cause small blood vessels to burst, resulting in bleeding or hemorrhage into the white of the eye,Some patients with poor outcomes from LASIK surgical procedures report a significantly reduced quality of life because of vision problems or physical pain associated with the surgery. it is possible to have a long list of complications during or after the procedure.
some of the more frequently reported complications of LASIK:

* Surgery induced dry eyes
* Overcorrection or undercorrection
* Very Low level vitamin D - Sun sensitivity
* Visual acuity fluctuation
* Halos or starbursts around light sources at night
* Light sensitivity
* Ghost images or double vision
* Wrinkles in flap
* Decentered ablation
* Debris or growth under flap
* Thin or buttonhole flap
* Induced astigmatism
* Corneal Ectasia
* Floaters
* Epithelium erosion
* Posterior vitreous detachment
* Macular hole

Ah, I wouldn't do it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much should I expect to pay for Lasik surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP