Friday, July 26, 2013

What is the procedure of Lasik surgery like?

lasik eye surgery 10 years
 on ... boy in Australia undergoes eye surgery after being bashed in the face
lasik eye surgery 10 years image




Rout


Is the procedure of Lasik surgery painful?
I'm 18 years old and I recently asked my dad for contacts, which he said yes to. But he gave me the suggestion on getting Lasik surgery. It has been a week now and he is strongly suggesting to get the surgery.

I'm afraid of pain and I really hate the idea of doing the surgery. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what it's like during the procedure and after. Thank you.



Answer
I had lasik back in April. It didn't hurt at all. Afterwards, all I had was a little dryness, maybe a little burning, but nothing that I would even consider uncomfortable. All of this went away in just a few days, and they give you drops that completely ease this. All I can say is that it was the best thing that I have done in a long time. Waking up the next morning and being able to see things clearly, there is nothing like that.

One thing that I did do was research the doctors in my area. I ended up paying almost $4000 for my surgery, but I got the best. (your eyes are nothing to skimp on).
There are some downsides to consider. 1) It is sort of a trade off. You get nice clear distant vision, but as you age, your reading vision will decline. At around 40 (average) you will need reading glasses at about the same strength of your current distant vision. On the other hand, everybody loses reading vision as they age anyway. I figure. I would have ended up needing reading glasses when I get old anyway, plus I much prefer only wearing glasses for reading as opposed to all the time for the rest of my life. Also, I am 37 now, and my reading vision is perfect so far.
2) You may hear some people say that you will see a halo around lights after the surgery, but this is temperary, and is mostly just around LED lights, and it never bothered me much.
A doctor will map your eye so that the best outcome is achieved. So as long as you find a good doctor, you will be fine.

The actual procedure takes about 10 min. total. They lay you down under the machine, numb your eyes with drops. Then, they place a thing around your eye to hold the lid open (doesn't hurt, just a little pressure) then they will tell you to look at a light and the laser cuts the flap. The doctor folds the flap back, and for a second your vision goes blurry. Then the laser zaps off the correct amount of your cornia in the exact spots that your eye map dictates. Then the dr. folds the flap back down and then he will use a surgical wipe to wipe down the flap on your eye. You will see all of this, but all you will feel is wetness from the solution. Then, he swings you around under the other side of the machine, and does everything on the other eye. Plus, you will feel totally relaxed, because they give you a valium before starting.

How would I go about getting Lasik while in the USMC?




Eddie R42


I am really looking for the united states marine corps, i ship off to bootcamp, and one of the first thing I want to get done is lasik, I don't mind waiting up for 1 year, but How do i go about getting this done? what procedures do i need to take Step 1 - 10. please help me out if you have gotten eye surgery before while serving in the united states marine corps?
any answers?



Answer
The first thing you'll have to realize is that the military will provide medical services you need, but not necessarily ones you want. They will make sure you have glasses and contacts, but you can not assume or gets your heart set on having an electoral surgery done free of charge. If you are able to get it done, it won't be right out of bootcamp and it may not be anytime soon.

You have to understand that their are a lot of people in the Marine Corps (and other branches) that wear glasses or contacts that would like to have permanently better vision. The military has limited money and doctors. The way they deal with this is by having you apply for the procedure. You'll need to explain why you feel like you need the surgery. People in certain jobs get moved up the list quickly because they depend on perfect vision or have jobs that make wearing glasses difficult.

Once you've finished bootcamp and get your duty station you can make an appointment to discuss the possibility with your base medical center. They'll be able to help fill out any paperwork and requests and from there you'll just have to wait and see if you get approved.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the procedure of Lasik surgery like?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP