Saturday, October 12, 2013

Can you be accepted into the air force with bad vision?

laser eye surgery 0
 on Inventions: Laser eye surgery
laser eye surgery 0 image




Mai


Do you need to get laser eye surgery or are contacts okay?


Answer
Contacts are just fine. Unfortunately, you cannot wear contacts during Basic and thy issue you lovely thick, black framed glasses. Once you get to Tech/AIT, you can start wearing your contacts again.

My husband wears contacts. The AF defintely doesn't require you to have laser eye surgery. Of course, if you'd like to have LASIK, most bases can get you on a waiting list, if you qualify. It can take several years for your turn but it is a covered procedure :0)

Is it true that staying prolonged hours in front of a computer can make your myopia even worse?




Canadian D


I run many forums and my i'm studying programming so i spend allot of time on the computer to get my work done. Is it true that my eyesight can get even worse? Some even say that your eyesight can get so bad that you won't be eligible for laser eye surgery? Truth or Myth?


Answer
I hear ya. I have myopia (-5.75) and once I turned 40-years-old I was blessed with presbyopia, as well. I certainly notice how fatigued my eyes feel after hours in front of the computer screen. I don't feel as if my eyes have deteriorated. My vision is the same as it was before the Internet existed (of course I was only a baby then). Some say your vision is affected and others say it is not, so ... idk. Here are some things that might help:

• Location of computer screen - Optometrists suggest more comfortable computer viewing can be achieved when the eyes are looking downward. Optimally, the computer screen should be 15 to 20 degrees below eye level (about 4 or 5 inches) as measured from the center of the screen and 20 to 28 inches from the eyes.

• The 20/20 rule - Looking away from the computer every 20 minutes for 20 seconds will minimize the development of eye-focusing problems and eye irritation caused by infrequent blinking.

• I’ve included a handy-dandy assistant to remind you to rest your eyes with some eye exercises included (I’ve done the exercises and they do make my eyes feel better): http://www.protectyourvision.org/

• Computer anti-glare eyeglasses assist with eyestrain and fatigue:
The Mercedes of anti-glare eyeglasses: http://www.gunnars.com/ace/
An affordable option: http://www.eyefatigue.com/#0

• These computer screen glare reduction filters have the American Optometric Association (AOA) Seal of Acceptance: http://www.aoa.org/x5515.xml

Good luck with your programming studies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you be accepted into the air force with bad vision?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP