Friday, October 18, 2013

How old do you have to be to get Lasik Eye Surgery?

lasik eye surgery 18
 on lasik eye surgery benefits on The Benefits of Lasik Eye Surgery The ...
lasik eye surgery 18 image




Andrea<3


I'm currently 14 but turning 15 in September. Is it possible for me to get eye surgery to make my vision better? I have HORRIBLE vision without my contacts or glasses. Everything is a blur it's hard for me to see anything. I live in California if that matters.


Answer
There are many differnt factors that need to be taken into consideration to determine if a person is a good candidate for LASIK. Firstly, you must be AT LEAST 18. Secondly, the patient has to have a stable prescription, meaning that it hasn't changed for at least a year; preferably two. There are other factors such as pupil size, corneal thickness, and tear production (because a side effect of LASIK is dry eyes and if a person's tear production is low to begin with, it will be WORSE post-operatively) All of this criteria is established through a LASIK work-up and if all the tests come out fine, then a person is considered to be a good candidate.

So, you have a few years to save up for it. I know here in Pennsylvania, there aren't many vision insurance plans that cover LASIK yet.

Is it possible to get lasik eye surgery under 18 years of age?




Dalia


So I'm under 18 and live in Stockton, California and I really am tired of glasses and contacts isn't even an option so is there a place?


Answer
Lasik is not FDA approved for patients under 18 years old. Your eyes are still growing and changing and they won't do Lasik until your eyes stop changing. I'm 26 and finally my eyesight is beginning to stabilize enough to start looking into it!

Why aren't contacts an option? There are procedures where contacts are implanted underneath the cornea. I'm not sure how old you need to be for that procedure.

Sorry, probably not what you want to hear, but you're just going to have to be patient!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How old do you have to be to get Lasik Eye Surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP