Tuesday, May 27, 2014

what lasik my right eye is -8.50, left eye -9.50 am I a good candiate also nearsighted?




Rhonda L


II want to a change tried of wearing glasses and contacts seem to bother me. Does it hurt and what do they give you so your not in pain during the procedure.
I would also like to know how much will it cost in columbus, ohio? Icalled Bloomberg are they good or am I'm I wasting my time?



Answer
I had Lasik done last June in Houston Texas, and it was a lot simpler then some would say. It doesn't really "hurt", but it feels really weird. They did not prescribe any pain killers, just gave me some aspirin and told me to take over the counter ones for any discomfort. I never needed them personally, but they do prescribe you a couple of eye drops. One is an antibiotic and the other is an anti-inflamatory. The antibiotics are for one week every four hours and the eye drop are every 4 hours for the first week, then as needed or every 8 hours for the first 3 months. As for the "pain" during the procedure, there wasn't much of that either. They use a numbing injection that you only feel pressure when they put it in, they said it was because the eyeball itself doesn't have enough (or any) nerves for register it as pain. I only felt the pressure of something touching my eye, as if trying to remove a contact lens. After the 15 minute surgery, I took a 4+ nap and was seeing almost perfect when I woke up. By my first follow-up visit the next day I had 20/20 in both eyes. My second (one month) and third (three months) visits showed I had 20/20 in my right and 20/15 in my left

I'm looking into getting Lasik. Suggestions?




sroozib


I'm very nearsighted and have worn glasses since early adolescence. I'm ready for the glasses to go away...So, here are a few questions I have:

What types of Lasik procedures are out there and what are the differences between them?

What side effects could possibly arise?

Any ideas on cost? Is it worth it?

Anyone know a good place in Houston to have it done?



Answer
Okay here's what I know:

LASIK eye surgery is generally considered to be a safe and effective method of treating near-sightedness, far-sightedness, AND astigmatism and millions of people undergo this procedure every year throughout the world.

HOWEVER, no surgery is without risks or complications and this must be understood and accepted before making the decision. The most common side effects of LASIK eye surgery are dry eyes and glare. The incidence of these are debated between proponents and opponents of the surgery.

On a brighter note, obviously the FDA considers the risks to be low enough to approve the technology required for LASIK (microkeratomes, excimer lasers, etc.)

Studies show that experience is one of the most important factors in selecting a surgeon.

There is a good San Diego Lasik website. It has lots of info and some very informative Lasik articles. See the links below:
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-eye-surgery-san-diego.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-san-diego-north-county.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-san-diego-east-county.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-san-diego-south-bay.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/laser-eye-surgery.htm
http://www.inkjet-cartridge-source.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what lasik my right eye is -8.50, left eye -9.50 am I a good candiate also nearsighted?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP