Wednesday, December 12, 2012

can laser eye surgery work to reduce your prescription as well as cure you?

Q. My eyes are outside the range of laser/lasik surgery, I was wondering if the surgery can be used to reduce my prescription from a -12 to say a -6 or 8?

A. Yes it can.

See a decent opthalmic surgeon rather than a high street optician - although the normal range is up to -10 it can be possible to work on a 'worse' prescription depending on your needs and the overall condition of your eyes. The guy who did my eyes yesterday did cataract and laser correction surgery on an 80+ year old woman and got her MINUS 37 eyes up to -1.5 - pretty awesome!!

Chalice


how old are you supposed to be to have lasik eye surgery?
Q. I am 15 yrs. Im turning 16 this september and i want lasik eye surgery.But i don't know if theres a age for it.

A. I had Lasik eye surgery done after wearing glasses for 16 years. It has been perfect for me. I have had no changes. Of course, as I age, I expect changes. I also co-manage refractive surgery and have seen hundreds of successful patients. It doesn't hurt, generally. There is a bit of pressure, but no real pain if you have LASIK. The PRK version (where no flap is cut) is a little more uncomfortable for the first few days following the procedure. I've seen several people who said they were in some pain, but healed just fine. I used to wear both glasses and contact lenses. I had LASIK done and it's the best decision I've ever made. I can see clearly, no squinting, no driving with glasses anymore. I can read road signs, see the individual leaves in the trees (they're not just a blurry mess anymore). It's also nice to be able to see what time it is when I wake up. The procedure is painless (although a bit uncomfortable) but takes less than 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

If you need help finding a reputed surgeon in India u can check out the ink below:
http://www.indianhealthguru.com
You can schedule a free appointment there and they'll answer all your questions and see if you qualify as a good candidate or not


Would Lasik Vision Correction be a good decision for me?
Q. I've been legally blind without my contacts since I was 10 years old. In other words, my vision is absolutely terrible. I can't even see a foot and a half in front of me, naturally.
Anyways, I'm thinking about talking to my eye doctor about the Lasik surgery, but I don't really know how risky it is.
Any advice or information would be helpful. Thanks!

A. I'd definitely go for Lasik surgery if I were you. Plus, doctors now have a way of testing if you make a viable candidate or not. Just make sure to save up for the procedure.


What would cause a blue halo around my once dark brown eyes?
Q. My eyes were once dark brown. They are now a grayish brown with amost a sky blue halo. I am 68 years old. I have diabetes and sarcoidosis which can affect the eye. I also have rheumatiod arthritis. I have had lasik surgery in both eyes for glaucoma.

A. I am not a doctor so I can't answer ur question. But may I suggest that you go see an eye doctor to consult ur problem





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can laser eye surgery work to reduce your prescription as well as cure you?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP