Monday, December 3, 2012

How can I look less Asian and more mixed?

Q. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3875/85485327.jpg

I'm 16 and everyone keeps saying that I'll never make it in the acting scene because I look Asian :P (And please, don't mention Jackie Chan or Jet Li,...not what im trying to achieve here) AND I want to become a famous actor


my Asian eyebrows look weird as **** and my nose is so wide its almost Pug-Like!

And my eyes are hooded so it sometimes kinda looks like it has no eyelids and that Round Face! No offense to anyone but I'm just tired of everything! "Love Yourself!" just doesn't cut it for me anymore :P


I want to know what I can buy/do to make myself look more Mixed/half white...I'm thinking of getting brown hair and lighter skin already.


I want to achieve a look similar to Keanu Reeves, Jake Gyllenhall, or even better, Joseph Gordon-Levitt


Thanks
BQ: My best friend already says that I look kinda mixed like Joseph Gordon Levitt. Do I actually look like?

how can I look so that I look mixed to just about everyone else except for my friend?

A. Honestly you really can't change your appearance without cosmetic surgery. You can use makeup (since this was posted in the makeup section), but it cannot drastically change your features. More than once, I wished I wasn't Asian, but I got over it and am proud that I am.

Actually you do look similar to Joseph Gordon Levitt. I do not know much about him, so if you want to achieve a look like his, perhaps get his same haircut and similar style of clothing. If you want to use makeup, maybe you can apply a shade darker than your skin tone along the sides of your nose. Then highlight the bridge of your nose. This technique is called contouring and will create an illusion of a thinner nose with a higher bridge. It takes practice to not make it look obvious.

I know you are a male, but here's a picture of a girl who did this:
http://makeupforlife.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/how-to-contour-your-nose-tutorial-before-after.jpg

Well there's not much else except to accept yourself. If you can't change something, change your attitude about it. We all have flaws, and it's not always about looks that will get you famous. And in your mind, you're like, "Bullsh*t." Well Rupert Grint (the guy who plays Ron in Harry Potter), isn't the most attractive in my opinion, but he's well known and a famous actor.


How can I look less Asian and more mixed?
Q. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3875/85485327.jpg

I'm 16 and its a long story...but I'm honestly tired of everyone always calling out the Asian in the room at school (racist names/comments) and my communist-supporting dad :P (He'd rant why communism is good and has made attempts to move me to China)

And he keeps saying that I'll never make it in the acting scene because I look Asian :P (And please, don't mention Jackie Chan or Jet Li,...not what im trying to achieve here) AND I want to become a famous actor


my Asian eyebrows look weird as **** and my nose is so wide its almost Pug-Like!

And my eyes are hooded so it sometimes kinda looks like it has no eyelids and that Round Face! No offense to anyone but I'm just tired of everything! "Love Yourself!" just doesn't cut it for me anymore :P


I want to achieve a look similar to Keanu Reeves, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, or Jake Gyllenhall


Thanks
BQ: How can I make my eyes look more deep set and make it seem like I have a browbone?

BQ2: How can I make my chin look sharper and less round?

BQ3: Is it possible to minimize my epicanthal folds using foundation?

And talent is not enough to make it...looks also count and I know enough about the "industry" to know that looking Asian will land me with nothing more than stereotypes and accents in Hollywood

A. i think You don't look like an Asian at all. you look mixed.

and only the surgeries can help you, but you look a lot like Joseph Gordon-Levitt (only slightly younger)


How can I look more mixed?
Q. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3875/85485327.jpg

Hey so I'm 16 and I want to get into acting (big goal is to become a famous actor) I have the strategy and acting skills down but now all I need is the "Look"


I'm full Asian but from what my dad/other sources have said, Asians have limited opportunities in Hollywood, unless they don't look too Asian...
and don't mention Jackie Chan or Jet Li...I'm not looking for those type of roles...I don't want my entire acting career plagued with accent-filled characters :P


I'm trying to aim for a "Keanu Reeves" or "Joseph Gordon-Levitt" type image...
as in, I still look Asian, but can easily land roles with white characters.

I already have a strategy set out, including a really European-sounding Stage Name (same first name tho)


Should I get a lighter hair color? like Dark Brown/Dark Chocolate?

Would contouring the nose look obvious from the "side view"?

Thanks
I apologize if some parts (especially about Hollywood) come off as a bit racist...its just the truth as I've known it for pretty much my whole life.

And pls, no "Don't Change, Love yourself, show pride"...I feel that this is the only way to achieve my goals and besides, I get teased and discriminated for being Asian in my town anyway


BQ: My mouth is kinda protruding (close to nose)...will Rhinoplasty for a longer nose/taller bridge and maybe a chin implant help make it seem less protruding?
Thanks but quite frankly, "Be Who You Are"...just doesn't quite work for me
-______-

A. Hey, here's what I think you should do.

I agree with the contouring, get a contour powder or a dark eyeshadow and using a small contour brush, run it down the sides of your nose and blend to a little bit under you eyebrows. Do this everyday for months and if you really enjoy the look of it THEN go for surgery but I don't recommend that because you can easily keep changing the shape of your nose with makeup!

Also, Get a bronzer and a large contour brush and sculpt the sides of your face and get circle lenses (they dont have to be coloured) to make your eyes appear larger

Hair makes SO MUCH difference, definitely experiment new styles and go for a lighter brown and see what suits you best. PLEASE don't bleach the shit out of your hair, it will probably look like crap.

Hope I helped and good luck!


Plastic surgery?????
Q. Plastic surgery?????

okay here is my case
i am a spanish... with a very little hint of filipino..
dad 1/8 filipino 7/8 spaniard... mom 100% spaniard


so here.. i have asian features.. and i want to get rid of it...PLEASE DONT TELL ME NOT TO BECAUSE I HAVE DECIDED AND I KNOW THAT THIS WILL MAKE ME HAPPIER AND WILL COMPLETE MY LIFE.... so im just asking if do you know of any procedures like will change my face shape, well not actually just some like the jaw and cheeks... i really don't know where i got these features since my dad is only 1/8 Asian... he barely looks like it..... thanks and again please don't tell me not to because i have decided and thought of it for the past 3 years.... im doing it next 6 months maybe.. im just doing some more research

MY ONLY REASON IS BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A BLOND HAIR... I'M SOMETIMES MISTAKEN AS AN ADOPTED CHILD (THOUGH I LOOK CAUCASIAN)..... I FEEL BAD WHEN PEOPLE STARE AND MOVE THEIR EYES BETWEEN ME AND MY PARENTS
please don't tell me not to do it
is it possible to do it... that's my question

A. I know how it is with Spanish culture, do you live in Spain or in a hispanic community? If it's in Spain, I know for a fact that Spaniards can be extremely judgmental of anyone who looks different than them (I know because I'm Spanish too and have lived in Spain and vacationed there often). Anyways, I know you don't want to hear me tell you not to do it but I just have to tell you.....DON'T DO IT!!!!! I think Asians are the most beautiful people on earth, they have beautiful facial characteristics. You should really embrace it, you'll be surprised how many people find Asians stunning. And honestly, from the sounds of it, it seems like you're just going through with it because of the looks you get when you're out with your parents, meaning you're only doing this because of what other people think! Honestly, who gives a damn what other people think about you? Next time someone stares at you and then at your parents like that you stick your tongue out at them :P and say "take a picture, it'll last longer," because those people are just being downright rude. You also sound quite young, you might regret your decision when you're older. Listen, truthfully, as someone who's had necessary surgery, I honestly don't see how anybody would willingly put themselves through such an ordeal, it's painful, it's a burden to your family, it's expensive, it's risky, it's just not worth it unless you're life is at risk. I'm extremely anti-plastic surgery, people should embrace their looks. Plus what if they mess up? Your face will never be the same!! I've got two words for you MICHAEL JACKSON. That being said, I will answer your question to the best of my knowledge.

Well, as far as I know, I have never heard of surgery to change your face shape! I think that's basically impossible and have never heard of any such procedure being done. I know that you can have your cheeks altered by getting implants or reducing the cheeks. But the only surgery I know of to make one appear less Asian is something called a "double eye lid procedure," it's to give your eyes a more Western look and it is a very common procedure, Jackie Chan had it done some years ago to make himself more appealing to Western audiences. But, I recommend you talk to many different professional plastic surgeons to see what your options are. And make sure you choose a very experienced and well known plastic surgeon, it will definitely be more expensive but it will also be well worth it because there are many horror stories about cheaper plastic surgeons. Germany has the best fame for their great work in the plastic surgery field, so if you have the money, you should check out the German plastic surgeons. And really, if you don't have money to go for the best that there is then it's not worth doing it. And that's really all the info I can tell you.

Good luck and please think about it!!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I look less Asian and more mixed?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP