Friday, January 18, 2013

I am getting Lasik surgery on Thursday and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect the day of sur?

Q. I am getting Lasik surgery on Thursday and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect the day of surgery? I'm not worried about the results, just want to know what will happen and what I should expect to experience?

A. They will give you a pill to make you calm, a mild sedative. They don't want you twitching in the chair during the surgery.

Once you are calm the will probably put some drops in your eyes. Then they bring in "the Machine" once the machine is in place they will bring it in contact with your eye and you won't be able to see anything. That was the most unnerving part for me, once I had made up my mind to get the surgery.

Mine was a while ago but it took about 5 minutes to do the first eye and another 10 minutes or so to get the machine lined up on the second eye. Another 5 minutes for the second eye and it was over.

Then they will put in some more eye drops, antibiotic drops to prevent infection. They may or may not give you a vision test at this time.

They will probably have you come back the following morning to see how things are going. You will probably be very light sensitive due to minor eye irritation. I was unable to open my eyes even with dark gl;asses while outside the day after the surgery. Which wasn't good for me as I am very susceptible to motion sickness. I had to have my wife stop the car for 10 minutes just a 1/4 mile from the parking lot so I wouldn't get sick. Light sensitivity went away within 3 days and vision kept improving slowly over the next 3 weeks (although it was very good even 2 days after surgery.

My only side effect is that my vision shows small secondary images when my pupil is fully open (dim light or at night) makes it hard to read street signs at night or stargaze. Other than that it is wonderful.


What is the downside of a laser eye surgery?
Q. Getting a laser eye surgery, is it a good idea? what are the possible side effects/downside of this?

A. I'm getting it done too.

I've done tons of research, and would urge you to make sure you go to a really reliable clinic and make sure you follow all the aftercare instructions, and go to all the aftercare appointments.

If you don't use the eye drops, rub your eyes or get water in your eyes you will be risking your sight.

Your sight will not be 100% perfect after, but it should be improved. I've got myopia (no probs reading, but can't even focus on my PC screen without specs) and astigmatism (oval rather vthan round eyeballs) so I'm a fairly good bet as neither thing is too big (Myopia -4 and -3-ish; astigmatism mild).

I'm getting lasik intralase with Bosch and Laum equipment, possibly wavefront mapping too. It is expensive but I am taking NO chances. I'll add you as a friend if you want. I'm getting the op on the 14th of next month. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

And all the best with your research into this.


Who has had lasik before and what are the results?
Q. Are there any side effects you have? If so, how bad is it?

*important Question* how long has it been since your LASIK?

How long did it take for your vision to restore to normal? Did your vision really go to 20/15 as I have read in my researches? Do it correct astigmatism? Does your eyes feel normal, like no dryness or itching or what so ever pain after the surgery? IF you have halos or double vision, how bad is it, Does it go away after a while??

Please help me with these questions, because i am Really really tired of wearing glasses and contacts, and I am really considering to get Lasik.

A. I love it. Painful healing process for a few weeks. No side effects. 20/19 vision. Will need reading glasses someday as this is an eye muscle problem we get as we age. Eyes feel just as they did prior to the surgery. Colors seem more vibrant (to me).

They cured the "halo" issue years ago by broadening the operated area around the pupil. Was very light sensitive for two to three weeks. Saw star-bursts for three weeks or so. Saw faint halos for four weeks or so.

Had surgery in Canada in 2003. Flew up there for better price. Now prices here are compatible.


Should I do Lasik now or wait for better safer technology?
Q. I am in the mid 20's consider Lasik, but i heard some side effect such as had problem in night vision, should I wait few more years maybe a safer and better technology will come out? What age should do Lasik before is too late?

A. LASIK is a laser based vision correction procedure where your vision can be corrected to such a degree that you no longer need corrective lenses. And the amazing part is that it all happens in just a few minutes!

Think about that - no more glasses or contact lenses. What a relief - never having to hunt for your glasses or fool around with contacts.

But LASIK eye surgery isn't right for everyone. You need to meet certain requirements before submitting to LASIK eye surgery.

Here are a few of the guidelines used in determining if LASIK is a good choice for you -
Lasik surgery: Your blindness is temporary, do not be alarmed - Reno Gazette Journal

Lasik surgery: Your blindness is temporary, do not be alarmedReno Gazette Journal, NV - Oct 10, 2008Several masked, gloved and capped Lasik doctors leaned over me, seemingly fascinated by my impending sightlessness. Over 28 years' worth of hospital visits, ...

* You should be over 18 years of age.
* Your corneas must be healthy.
* You should not have had a significant change in your lens prescription in the last 12 months.
* Women should not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
* You should be in good general health.

Hope this helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am getting Lasik surgery on Thursday and was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect the day of sur?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP