Sunday, January 6, 2013

I wanna have Lasik (Laser Eye Surgery). Is it a good idea?

Q. My number is 4.25 both eyes and I am really fedup of wearing glasses. Contacts doesnt suit me at all. I will appreciate ur opinions and advices.
Thanks

A. At 4.25 I would recommend getting a Lasik ... again you have to weigh the variables such as cost involved and the potential risk factors.
http://golasik.blogspot.com


I have -4.25 vision in both eyes and was wondering if PRK laser surgery would get it close to 20/20?
Q. I really need to know this because theirs something in my future i want to do.

A. Yes


Will my vision ever get better?
Q. Both of my eyes are -4.25. I've had glasses since I was in 2nd grade and since im 13 i still have a few years to be at least 18 to get laser eye surgery. One time in a 6 month period, my prescription went from -3.75 to -4.25 and I feel that by the time im at least 20.. My eyes would be pretty bad. Is there anyway i can slow down bad they get or maybe even make them better? It's been another 6 months since i've gotten my eyes checked, and I know that my vision got worse because when wear my contacts some things far away are blury.. So please help?

A. This is exactly the reason why you have to wait until you're in your 30s to get laser surgery--your eyes are still changing. You just have to stick it out until then. We've all had to do it.

BTW I was a -9 or -10 diopter when I had my surgery. Any more nearsighted and I wouldn't have qualified for it. I needed my glasses to find my glasses. Now I'm just shy of 20/20 and don't even need glasses to drive. Totally worth it.


LASIK/PRK for Navy SEALS?
Q. I have some interest in becoming a Marine Corps Scout Sniper or a Navy SEAL.
My contact lenses say "-4.25" (not sure what that is converted into 20/##), but I'm sure that's too bad to be considered for either of those careers. I'm thinking of getting some sort of laser eye surgery soon, and I'm wondering if that's allowed, if my vision is corrected to (or close to) 20/20.

Don't lecture me on how hard it is to become a SEAL or a sniper. I've heard it all already. Just answer the question please :)

A. Hello!

First, do the ASVAB and get the score you need, don't get surgery before or make any plans till you get your scores!

Later, the requirements for each branch are different!

Navy SEAL:

To be eligible for a SEAL contract you have to be at least 20/70 or below near acuity. If you don't fill this minimum requirement, you disqualify. -4.25 Is kind of what I have, and its around 20/400, so we are just too high above the 20/70 line. What can you do? Talk to a recruiter: a Navy recruiter specialized in SEAL would help you out with your questions, but you have to options. One is get in to the Navy and choose another rate (Job) and stand there for a couple of years maybe till you get your "ticket" for free eye surgery, then try for SEAL challenge once your contract in your current job is expired. Second option is get the eye surgery by your own before getting in to the military, the procedure that you MUST get is PRK because of its lowest invasive surgical method and better functionality for a SEAL job. There are risk like something goes wrong or your eye sight cant get corrected to 20/20 or at least 20/70 but that happens in a low percentage. Ask the doctor who is going to treat you all the questions and if you get the surgery, make sure you're correctable to 20/20. If you get the surgery, guessing that you have the score, you have to wait a 3-6 month period of healing before reporting to your recruiter who will submit your medical records to MEPS. Then you go to MEPS and they will check if everything is ok, if it's so, you can do the initial PST and get your SEAL contract. Then hopefully, pass every single PST and evolution before BUDS, if not, you would had wasted quite a bit of money.

USMC Scout sniper:

You dont need to get surgery or be 20/20, nevertheless, you must not be color blinded and be correctable to 20/20. To get a slot for scout sniper you must be at least an E-2 and pass the physical test and evolutions that will take place in SOI (School Of Infantry). Notice that the USMC doesn't guarantee you a contract for Scout Sniper, you must earn that privilege by passing all the test you'll be accounted of.

Hope it helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I wanna have Lasik (Laser Eye Surgery). Is it a good idea?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP