Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Vision keeps on going down, how do i stop it??

Q. I'm starting to get worried, my vison keeps on deterioating. Its really bad, i'm 15 and i'm a 4.50 and i can tell that these contacts are getting to be weak now.. I'm scared, can i get laser surgeory? Is there any way o stop it?

A. The eye focuses light on the retina from two sources, the cornea and the lens. The cornea is the front surface where the lasik, lasek, those surgeries are performed. Those surgeries change the shape of the surface so it focuses light differently.

The lens within the eye, behind the iris is the second refractive part of the eye. This grows with time. It starts out as a sphere of cells, then fills in the center. Then layer after layer of cells are placed over the underlying cells as we get older. As the lens grows, or gets bigger, it becomes stronger and stronger. This is why every few years we need to get new glasses.

If you are nearsighted, then your eyes are already too powerful when compared with 'normal'. Normal eyes, or emmetropic eyes are focused right on the retina. Light from a distance passes through the cornea, then the lens and focuses on the center of the retina, the macula. Your eyes are more powerful than that. The light from a distance is focused more than 'normal' so that it focuses in front of the retina, and as it keeps on going, there's a blur circle on the retina.

How strong is your eye? The numbers are based on the formula P=1/d where the d is in meters.
If your eye is focused already at 1 meter in front of you, then it is +1.00 diopters too powerful and you'd need a -1.00 lens to neutralize that extra power.
If your eye is focused at a half meter in front of you, it'd be +2.00 too powerful and need a -2.00 lens.
A third of a meter, +3.00 too powerful, need a -3.00.
quarter of a meter, need a -4.00
fifth of a meter, -5.00
sixth of a meter, -6.00
tenth of a meter (10 cm) -10.00.

As you age, your lens growth will make you more myopic. That doesn't mean that you are going blind. Just means your eye is more nearsighted and you need more minus power to correct the difference. Chances are you won't get too much beyond -6.00 or so.

At your age, if you do the lasik or lasek or ? surgery, the lens will keep growing and within a year or two or so, you'll again be nearsighted. They can 'adjust' this, but.... don't.

So no need to be scared. People that are farsighted get less far sighted as they age, because their weak eyes just get stronger. But they almost never 'arrive' at neutral, but by the time they do, the lens is so big they can't bend it anyway (actually the little ropes or strings or zonules that hold the lens in place just get lose), and they need to get 'readers'. This happens around 40ish.

If you need more info, contact me via this forum and i'll try to address your concerns.


How to improve vision?
Q. I am 20 yeas old. I am using specs for last 8 years.
near sight problem - (-4.55 in left eye) & (-4.65 in right eye)

Is there any natural way to increase my eye power? (not by surgery)
Like taking some fruits or any other stuff?

I know some people have done it without surgery & increased their eye-power from -6 to -3 or something like that. But how?
I am male

A. Your power is maybe - 4.50 and - 4.75....the numbers you wrote don't exist in optics.

Okay....How come common sense doesn't dictate that if there was a simple natural way everyone would know about it and be doing it ? If something was possible, it wouldn't be a secret , the whole world would be doing it instead of having to wear glasses.

You don't KNOW anyone who went from - 6.00 to - 3.00 , but you may have read that on internet sites that are promoting scams like books on eye exercises which have been around for 90 years and haven't worked on anyone yet. Don't believe what you read in internet ads.

There are no foods/vitamins/diets/exercises or any other way except laser surgery that will reverse near or farsightedness or astigmatism. Laser surgery was developed BECAUSE there is no other way....

Sorry , but like millions and millions of others, you are stuck with it unless you get surgery.


Eye-Sight Correction Question...?
Q. Hello, I was wondering what the worst eyesight that lasik or any laser eye surgery can cure. I'm 15 and want to get it when i'm 20 or something. Right now ive got -4.50, can i still get that corrected? I'm gunna assume its gunna get worse as time goes on so maybe -5.00 or so. Can I get that corrected?

A. They often do up to - 7.00 and - 8.00 with good success , but there are other criteria besides the prescription that determines a good candidate.

Corneal thickness ( or lack of ) is often a problem with people who are very nearsighted , and that can make them unsuitable for the surgery.


Can I get laser eye surgery?
Q. I'm a 15 year old boy. I've had glasses since 2nd grade and I started using contacts about a year ago. According to my mom, my prescription 2 years ago was -2.75. Now, it's at -4.50 for glasses and -4.00 for contacts. My vision has gotten worse over the years and I think it's because I play too many videogames and I'm on my laptop a lot. By the time I'm 21 ( which is when I plan on getting LASIK ) I expect that I'll be somewhere in the -6/7 region. By the way, I have astigmatism.
Is it possible for me to get laser surgery by then? And would it be recommended that I do so. I'm pretty sure that I'll still have to use glasses after surgery. If any one could help that would be awesome.

A. only a surgeon or a lasik office personnel can determine if u can get the surgery, talk to your mom and go see a lasik surgeon. they will perform some exams and determine if you are a candidate.
I had a lasik surgery two weeks ago on my left eye and Keratokonus surgery on my right eye. the lasik surgery it self lasted from 3 to 5 minutes. It doesn't hurt, and yes I recommend it. my vision was worst than yours and i can see 20/20 with my left eye and i do not need glasses. below is the website of the surgeon who I went with.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My Vision keeps on going down, how do i stop it??
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP