Sunday, January 20, 2013

What is the best laser eye surgery to go to in Madison, WI?

Q. I live around Madison, Wisconsin and am looking for the best Dr. who does laser eye surgery. Do any have military discounts? Thanks.

A. My mom got laser eye surgery and she regrets it every day of her life. It did not fix her eyes all the way so she still needs glasses. Also now she can't see upclose at all and she used to be able to. She also went to the best doctor. You should not get that done.


Does having lasik eye surgery disqualify you from the military?
Q. My eye sight isn't very good and I can have lasik eye surgery to correct it. However, I want to join the military. Would my eyes disqualify from joining Marines or any special operations units? Thanks.

A. Many branches of the US military now allow laser vision correction surgery, however which type of surgery and which branch of the service are the key questions.

In 2007 the US Navy approved Bladeless Lasik for Top Gun fighter pilots. NASA has approved Lasik. There are a few special divisions that restrict Lasik, but will allow Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), a slightly different Lasik-like procedure.

You need to investigate the specific branch of the military that would be your goal. Speak with a recruiter about current laser vision correction limitations for that particular service. Also, the military will commonly provide Lasik for its personnel.

Read:
http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/library/nasa-lasik.htm
http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/faq/Military-Navy-Lasik-PRK-Requirement.htm
http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/library/lasik-air-force.htm


Why does laser/ lasik eye surgery restrict the things you can do in the military?
Q. I was thinking about joining the army or even the marines. Lately I've read a few things to make sure laser eye surgery is safe. I'm 15 right now but I really would like to join the military when I'm older. So far night vision problems can occur for a few months but that's apparently rare. Other then reasons like that why does the surgery restrict what you can do in the military?

A. Have you ever driven at night in the rain, and seen how oncoming head lights are flared ?

Well one of the side effects of lasik eye surgery

is for some people, lights at night, can flare like that, limiting your vision.


Does the military really pay for your lasik eye surgery?
Q. So I heard that a US military personnel can get lasik eye surgery free of charge? Is that true? Im planning to enlist in the US Navy and that would definitely make my life easier not having to worry about losing my glasses and the possible accidents. I seriously hate wearing glasses....

A. Yes they do, they also do PRK. Although my husband had two friends that had the military do a botched job and one had to be medically discharged. My husband and I paid out of pocket to get his eyes done with a well known and trusted civilian provider and has had 20/20 vision for 4 years now. Do your homework when it comes to someone messing with your eye sight.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laser eye surgery to go to in Madison, WI?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP