Friday, July 26, 2013

Has anyone had laser eye surgery?

laser eye surgery 395
 on We also want to use a voice over to describe what happens throughout a ...
laser eye surgery 395 image




Robert


I'm contemplating having laser eye surgery done. I read that it would be at least £395 per eye, so I would assume that it will be roughly £1000 for both eyes at a good clinic.

I also read that there is a chance of side effects, such as dry eyes, bad nightvision etc.

What are the chances of this happening and has anyone had any experience with this type of surgery?

Thanks
I will book a meeting with a proper consultant when it gets closer to the time. Just looking for initial opinions
I'm still young now, but people in my family have had cataracts before, so there's a chance that I'll get them as well. If the side effects affect people who've had cataracts, would cataracts after lasik cause side effects?



Answer
I had lasik done and have 20/25 uncorrected after ten years. I had dry eyes and halos at night for a while but not so anymore.

One side effect that I have gotten is mild Kerataconus which happens when the walls of the cornea are weakened and the eye begins protruding in spots. It doesn't seem to affect my vision... yet. I never knew that could happen but it does seem to happen in a few patients who are already susceptible to having weakened corneas. The surgery is believed to speed up the process.

Do your research on post-LASIK ectasia

So be careful and make sure it's what you really want and know ALL the potential complications.

Where is there a good place to go to for laser eye surgery?




bruinssig


I am considering getting laser eye surgery because I am extremely near-sighted having a 7 or greater strength in both eyes with one eye needing a cylinder strength. However, I am a little nervous about the place I am going to. They offered a place to get drinks while I was there and when the procedure is done, both eyes are done on the same day. Now, I am thinking, "They must be having trouble attracting business if they are offering drinks to people", and, isn't it common procedure to do only one eye at a time when doing laser eye surgery in case something goes wrong? Would anyone know of a good, reputable place in Massachusetts close to the suburbs of Boston to go to for laser eye surgery?
I was also reading one other question on Yahoo questions answers and someone mentioned there is also a procedure using soundwaves to correct eye problems. Does anyone know anything about this procedure?



Answer
I had Lasik eye surgery 2years ago and I have never regretted it. I had both eyes done at the same time and had no problems whatsoever and my eyesight is still perfect.

I am in the UK so dont know about companies in the US but make sure you shop around. All companies have promotions (mine said £395 per eye but once I had consultations and tests I finally paid £1095 per eye) - so dont be tempted by offers or free things your eyes are very important.

All I can recommend is checking out customer feedback from companies and just go to a few consultations to suss them all out. Also dont settle for the cheapest - this is not always the best for you.

Good luck - it is the best thing I have ever done and you will not regret it




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anyone had laser eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP