Monday, July 15, 2013

Is LASIK eye surgery something that I should look into?

lasik eye surgery benefits
 on LASIK eye surgery can permanently alter a person's vision to near ...
lasik eye surgery benefits image




Geoff N


Ok my current vision is -6.5 in both eyes with contacts. I'm thinking of getting LASIK eye surgery, as far as I know I dont have astigmatism I passed glaucoma tests etc. At my local eye doc. I think it would benefit me with my job as I work in a high dust environment and constantly go through new contacts, my question is this. How much could my vision improve and what are the risks associated with this surgery?


Answer
You may be a candidate but you have to be evaluated first. Thickness of the cornea is one factor and there are others. Best to get screened and then decide.

You can expect much improved vision from LASIK. Many, but not all, experience near perfect vision.

You may experience light bursts which are halos around lights. Sometimes these can be so bad as to prevent you from driving at night. This is rare but it does sometimes occur. You may also experience cronic dry eye which can be managed.

One of the requirement is that you have stopped growing. That means you have to be in your early 20's.

Good luck to you.

How can my friend convince the doctor about LASIK eye surgery (details)?




K. HOLIDAY


I'm asking this question for a friend of mine.

I have a friend who's having some trouble with her eyes. She's seeing double and it's been going on for a while now. And she's also on a ventilator.

My friend has tried going to the doctor to get LASIK eye surgery, but before she gets it the doctors need to change her trach.
And she's nervous about that because no one's done it except for her mom. And she's nervous about other people changing it.
She's also nervous about the surgery.

So when she's tried getting the surgery she'd go to the doctor with her family, but then she'd back out because she was nervous. That's probably happened twice.

She's going to try getting the surgery again but in order to do that, she needs to convince the doctor that she actually wants the surgery, probably because of all the times she's backed out.

Her mom wants her to say that she wants the surgery, but she doesn't. She's willing to do it, and she wants her eyes to get better, but she doesn't want it the surgery because she's nervous :|

And she doesn't want to lie to doctor.

I suggested that she tell the doctor that she doesn't want the surgery, but she's willing to do it.
She says that the doctor won't let her get the surgery if she says that. She has to actually want the surgery.

So how does she go to the doctor without lying? What can she say to him besides saying that she wants the surgery?

And how can she get rid of her being nervous about the surgery?

Thanks and I really appreciate your answers.



Answer
With a well established stoma changing the tube is no big deal-I've done it many times with no difficulty. To establish her willingness and trust, she probably has to allow the doc to do so, and it might help to have a list of ways in which the surgery will benefit her to tell him.
Since she's already vent dependent I can think of few serious complications this operation is very likely to cause.
Maybe it will help ease her anxiety about her trach if an EENT physician performs the change?
Good luck to your friend.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is LASIK eye surgery something that I should look into?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP