Thursday, June 5, 2014

Can a 16 year old get lasik eye surgery?




Adam


I wanted to get lasik eye surgery when I turn 16 because I keep losing my contacts or am in to much of a rush to put them in.
I plan on paying for it myself.

But i'm unsure if I would be able to get it.

I am basically fully grown physically


If so would my mom need to sign a waiver?



Answer
This is what happened to me. When I was 24 I noticed I was seeing spots in my right eye. After a month or so, the spots turned into complete blackness. I couldn'tsee anything in the inner corner of my right eye. I went to a doctor and he told me that I had a detaching retina. I already lost 30% of my vision and would continue to lose it without immediate surgery. I asked him how this happened, and he said that b/c I am nearsighted, I ran a greater risk of it happening. When you have bad vision, something in your eye has to work harder- and sometimes forgets to do its job. The point of this is at that point, I asked him that if I had gotten lasik beforehand (which I had wanted to do), would I have prevented this problem? Because then I wouldn't have been nearsighted. This is what killed me- he said that it would have INCREASED my chances of that happening! Can you imagine plopping down $6k or so for that surgery only for that to happen and lose your vision?

Don't get it done. You are too young and even though lasik has been around for a while, you hold the advantage of seeing what developments and breakthroughs are still to come. I know it sucks- I had glasses at age 9 and contacts from 13 to present (26). No matter what, it's better than having no vision at all!

how old are you supposed to be to have lasik eye surgery?




Amy (edwar


I am 15 yrs. Im turning 16 this september and i want lasik eye surgery.But i don't know if theres a age for it.


Answer
I had Lasik eye surgery done after wearing glasses for 16 years. It has been perfect for me. I have had no changes. Of course, as I age, I expect changes. I also co-manage refractive surgery and have seen hundreds of successful patients. It doesn't hurt, generally. There is a bit of pressure, but no real pain if you have LASIK. The PRK version (where no flap is cut) is a little more uncomfortable for the first few days following the procedure. I've seen several people who said they were in some pain, but healed just fine. I used to wear both glasses and contact lenses. I had LASIK done and it's the best decision I've ever made. I can see clearly, no squinting, no driving with glasses anymore. I can read road signs, see the individual leaves in the trees (they're not just a blurry mess anymore). It's also nice to be able to see what time it is when I wake up. The procedure is painless (although a bit uncomfortable) but takes less than 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

If you need help finding a reputed surgeon in India u can check out the ink below:
http://www.indianhealthguru.com
You can schedule a free appointment there and they'll answer all your questions and see if you qualify as a good candidate or not




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a 16 year old get lasik eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP