Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lasik Eye surgery and the military?




Hua Zhi X


My question is in two parts.

Question 1: Will having lasik eye surgery before enlisting in the army bar me from being an infantrymen?

Question 2: Will having lasik eye surgery before enlisting in the Navy bar me from being a Corpsman?

I would like some references if possible, or people who have actually been in the military, or are in the military.
I'm talking about the US Army and the US Navy



Answer
I don't know what country and province you live in.
I don't think you getting a refractive surgery should exclude you from being a military personnel, but you need to know that its just PRK that is the accepted surgical technique.

Military lasik eye surgery?







im 18, in the reserves, i was told before i joined i could get my eyes fixed in the military,
now that im looking up the requirements, i find you cant get it done without being active duty, which i find ridiculous, because either way im still a solider, i deserve the same treatment, i deserve to be able to be all i can be. so is there any way i can get this done without spending so much. i mean is there a way i can still get a discount even if it comes straight from my pocket?
because i still swore the same damn oath to protect this country, my life is still on the line, so yes i deserve it. i can get deployed at any moment.



Answer
Are you in Tricare Reserves? if so then contact the Tricare Office for your area to find out what providers are accepted. Then you speak to the providers and find out if they do a military discount. Even those who are Active Duty can not always get it done, the wait list for it can be long and many choose to go out in town and pay for it out of pocket.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Lasik Eye surgery and the military?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP