Sunday, June 8, 2014

Can a 13 year old boy get eye laser surgery?




Benedict H


I'm a 13 year old boy and i hate my eyesight so much! When I was grade 4 my grades for my glasses were like, 50. grade 6, it went to 150. And now 1st year high school, it's 175 or 275 i just forgot and i HATE wearing glasses! I keep losing them and breaking them and how about contact lens? NO WAY! My classmate had once but it just kept falling and I thought it was tiring to have them. So here I am now, Super pissed at my eyes. Am I even allowed to have laser eye surgery like my grandmother? She can see better than me now! Does it hurt? I need answers please! Thanks!


Answer
Footprintz is totally right, you are way too young. Just because your friend had trouble with contacts doesn't mean you can't use them. You could try them (if your parents say it is OK). If you wind up stuck with glasses, maybe try ordering some funky, cool style or something. The following site has glasses really cheap, you could easily get 3 or more pairs for what one would be at a local shop; good for people who often lose/break them, www.zennioptical.com, there are other similar sites as well.

PS please try to chill out, your vision is not really all that bad.

Is It Better To Get Laser Eye Surgery At An Older Age?




e_aiberg


I'm 25. I have 2.00 nearsightedness and .50 astigmatism on both eyes. If I delay the surgery, are my chances better to avoid reading glasses until an older age than I normally would?


Answer
If your prescription has been stable for two years or more then now is as good a time as any to have the surgery. Think very carefully about this - you don't need the surgery and probably aren't interested enough in it as you're prepared to wait some years for the surgery. In my experience laser surgery really is everything the publicity says it is but it is still surgery and carries risks.

Your eyes start to lose "accommodation" and may become slightly long sighted sometime in your forties or fifties. As your eyes are quite short sighted now you may never need reading glasses whereas if you get the surgery your eyes should have 6/6 (or better) vision so you are more likely to reach a point where you'll want reading glasses. You'd have to delay the surgery by some 20 or 30 years to avoid it entirely by which time your prescription would be changing and the clinic would refuse to operate.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a 13 year old boy get eye laser surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP