Sunday, June 22, 2014

Where is there a good place to go to for laser eye surgery?




bruinssig


I am considering getting laser eye surgery because I am extremely near-sighted having a 7 or greater strength in both eyes with one eye needing a cylinder strength. However, I am a little nervous about the place I am going to. They offered a place to get drinks while I was there and when the procedure is done, both eyes are done on the same day. Now, I am thinking, "They must be having trouble attracting business if they are offering drinks to people", and, isn't it common procedure to do only one eye at a time when doing laser eye surgery in case something goes wrong? Would anyone know of a good, reputable place in Massachusetts close to the suburbs of Boston to go to for laser eye surgery?
I was also reading one other question on Yahoo questions answers and someone mentioned there is also a procedure using soundwaves to correct eye problems. Does anyone know anything about this procedure?



Answer
I had Lasik eye surgery 2years ago and I have never regretted it. I had both eyes done at the same time and had no problems whatsoever and my eyesight is still perfect.

I am in the UK so dont know about companies in the US but make sure you shop around. All companies have promotions (mine said £395 per eye but once I had consultations and tests I finally paid £1095 per eye) - so dont be tempted by offers or free things your eyes are very important.

All I can recommend is checking out customer feedback from companies and just go to a few consultations to suss them all out. Also dont settle for the cheapest - this is not always the best for you.

Good luck - it is the best thing I have ever done and you will not regret it

How do I wear my boston gas permeable contact lenses more comfortably?




ycantibhap


I'm 51 years old, have dry eyes from allergies and sometimes sinus pressure. I wore contacts since I was 19, but for the last 4 or 5 years they have become unbearable to wear. I was considering Lasik but because my eyes are dry to begin with, I wouldn't want to make them even more dry from the surgery. My doctor didn't recommend soft contacts...I think he would have if I were able to but I am very nearsighted. I think my prescription is a -7.


Answer
I had a similar situation. I switched to soft lenses last year after 30 years of wearing hard lenses or gas perms. It got so I could barely tolerate wearing hard lenses, and my eyes were always bloodshot.

If I were you I would go back and ask about soft lenses. They are SO much more comfortable. I don't think my vision is as sharp as before, but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make. And, no, you're not too nearsighted. I was -8.5 last year and backed off to -8.0 in my right eye. My left eye is undercorrected with -7.0 for reading.

There are a couple things you can do for dry eyes, and I'm a little surprised that your eye doctor didn't mention them. First, there's a prescription eye drop, Restasis, that is supposed to help with tear production. It's expensive and takes about a month to take effect. (The benefit I got from it didn't justify the cost, so I stopped taking it.) The second thing you can do is have your tear ducts plugged. It doesn't help with tear production, but it prevents them from draining away so quickly. They do a trial with a plug made of collagen to see if it will work for you (the collagen plug will eventually dissolve). If that helps, you can have a more permanent plug installed. I haven't needed to have this done, but I'd be willing to give it a try. It is not a new procedure.

My advice is to go back to the doctor and press for better answers. If they can't offer suggestions like I've mentioned above, you need to find another eye doctor. You've got too many years to live!

p.s. In order to get surgery, you will need to stop wearing hard lenses in order to let your corneas stabilize. During this time, your prescription can go all over the place. The process can take months if you've worn hard lenses for many years. I went through this when I switched to soft lenses. It was a pain in the neck, but I'm glad I did it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where is there a good place to go to for laser eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP