Saturday, January 5, 2013

Can eye ball grow after laser eye surgery and why?

Q. I had a check up today at laser eye clinic to check if i can have lasik again after 5 yrs as the shortsightness has returned slightly over the years on my right eye and doctor said can't have surgery anymore as my retina is thin and the reason that the shortsightness has returned is becuase the eye ball has grown and made my vision worse slightly! my qeustion is how does that happen and why my eye ball has grown?

A. Yes, your eye ball can grow longer, and it has nothing to do with the laser surgery. The LASIK affects your eye's cornea. It's kind of like the window at the front of the eye.
The eye can get longer if you are still in a growth spurt, and still a teenager. But myopic eyes may experience lengthening eyes anyway throughout adulthood, but the rate of change may be much slower.
If you did this LASIK thing as a kid, then that was a mistake, because you should get it done when your myopia (eye prescription) is stable for a few years as an adult.


should i get LASIK surgery while in the army?
Q. I leave to army basic training in about 2 weeks. Should i get lasik surgery after i get settled in and stationed?

A. Yes you should but you have to remember, its a long list of people waiting. My buddy signed up to get lasik and took three years to finally get it. But if I were you, I would sign up for lasik during your second enlistment unless youre in your late 20s. If you do the procedure while your eyes are in development, than it be a waste. Wait until you're around 27-29 then get lasik cause they will only do it once. But sign up when you're 24-25. There was a kid that for lasik at 20 and he's wearing glasses now cause his eyes wasn't fully developed. Do more research and talk to an eye doctor before doing it.


Can someone with Natural Congenital Nystagmus get Lasik Surgery?
Q. Was born with it. Got it from my dad. Eyes move from left to right really fast. Got so much hell for it when I was a kid. Thank God my kids don't have it. Also have a REALLY high astigmatism. Can it be fixed or helped?

A. You wouldn't be able to have lasik surgery, but you could probably have limbal relaxation surgery to improve the astigmatism. This is where they make cuts at the edge of your cornea (the limbus) to adjust it back to a rounder shape - this generally works quite well and it's pretty straightforward. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about the nystagmus though.
See an ophthalmologist for an opinion - I think they'll be able to help.


I want to have lasik surgery and I am scared. Please tell me if you have the experience with it.?
Q. I have been wearing glasses even since I was a very young kid. I am highly nearsighted in my right eye and somewhat nearsighted in my left eye. I also have a high degree of astigmatism in my right eye. I never wore contact lenses. I want to lasik surgery because I don't have to wear glasses again and have 20/20 vision but I am scared of the side effects. I am 22. Any advise on what to do. What do they do in lasik surgery? What is the procedure?

A. I also started wearing glasses at a young age and had a high degree of astigmatism (in both eyes). I had Lasik 3 and a half years ago, and was ridiculously scared. I was afraid they'd mess up and I'd be blind. They didn't, and now my vision is 20/15. I do have severely dry eyes now though. My optometrist even inserted tiny rubber cones into my tear ducts (and yes, it's just as fun as it sounds!) and it didn't help. Even with the severe dry eyes, I would say the surgery was worth it to have awesome vision.

The procedure itself only took a few minutes- they put in numbing eye drops, then have you lay down and you feel some pressure as they actually do the surgery. It doesn't hurt, it just feels uncomfortable for a few minutes.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can eye ball grow after laser eye surgery and why?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP