Saturday, January 5, 2013

How often does LASIK surgery not work out fine?

Q. I'm thinking of getting LASIK surgery, because I have horrible vision, but I wanna know the risk. I would like to know what kind of percentage is there, that my surgery won't work out fine? Please help!

A. Most common complication is Dry Eyes Syndrome, 21% report
Second common complication is Undercorrection & Overcorrection
Third common complication is Night vision problem, Glare, Halos, Night-driving problem, 19.3% report


Starbursts after Lasik, 19.7% report
Haze after Lasik, less than 1% report
Induced Astigmatism after Lasik
Regression & Not Permanent after Lasik, less than 5% report
Epithelial Ingrowth after Lasik, as low as 0.2% and as high as 15%


Corneal Abrasion after Lasik
Flap Never Heals after Lasik, 2% report
Diffuse Lamellar Keratitis (DLK) after Lasik, 0.7% - 32% report
Infection after Lasik, 1:20 for Lasik versus contact lens use
keratoconus after Lasik, 0.04% - 0.6% report


the site give me a lot of help, u can check it
http://www.lasikreviews.co.uk/lasik-eye-surgery-complications-risks.htm


How long after Lasik eye surgery do my eyes get 100% better?
Q. Im 18 and i had my Lasik surgery done on both eyes, i just wanna know how many months until i reach the point where my eyes are fully healed and adjusted. BTW it was a traditional lasik

A. Ask whoever did the Lasik.

You might even be having uncommon follow up problems, so go ask.


when my eyes have healed from lasik surgery, will i be able to wear eyeliner?
Q. Just wondered.. will i still be able to wear eyeliner on the inner rims of my eyes?

A. Of course, the Doctor should have explained that to you. You should call the Dr.s office to see how soon they think you should be able to wear eyeliner.


how old are you supposed to be to have lasik eye surgery?
Q. I am 15 yrs. Im turning 16 this september and i want lasik eye surgery.But i don't know if theres a age for it.

A. I had Lasik eye surgery done after wearing glasses for 16 years. It has been perfect for me. I have had no changes. Of course, as I age, I expect changes. I also co-manage refractive surgery and have seen hundreds of successful patients. It doesn't hurt, generally. There is a bit of pressure, but no real pain if you have LASIK. The PRK version (where no flap is cut) is a little more uncomfortable for the first few days following the procedure. I've seen several people who said they were in some pain, but healed just fine. I used to wear both glasses and contact lenses. I had LASIK done and it's the best decision I've ever made. I can see clearly, no squinting, no driving with glasses anymore. I can read road signs, see the individual leaves in the trees (they're not just a blurry mess anymore). It's also nice to be able to see what time it is when I wake up. The procedure is painless (although a bit uncomfortable) but takes less than 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

If you need help finding a reputed surgeon in India u can check out the ink below:
http://www.indianhealthguru.com
You can schedule a free appointment there and they'll answer all your questions and see if you qualify as a good candidate or not





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How often does LASIK surgery not work out fine?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP