Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Can LASIK eye surgery improve your eyesight to a certain percentage?

lasik eye surgery 20 10
 on Search for stock photos, illustrations, video, audio and editorial ...
lasik eye surgery 20 10 image




Toms


I don't know if my perscription is too high to get LASIK eye surgery and end with 20/20 vision but can lasik improve my eye sight to a certain percentage so I won't have to pay full price? Also, will I have to bring both my contacts and glasses perscription with me to the consultation?


Answer
If your vision is so bad that they can't completely fix it using lasik, (they can usually do up to around -8 -10 or so, depends on how thick your corneas are). Paying all that money and still wearing glasses (although thinner ones) afterwards doesn't sound like a wise investment to me. I believe there are other eye treatments capable of correcting higher degrees of nearsightedness available that are worth checking out first. It couldn't hurt to bring the prescriptions, as that way, they will have an idea of what they are up against. If you decide to go ahead with the procedure they will do their own quite thorough scrutiny of your eyes beforehand.

Is Wavefront Lasik the best laser eye surgery to date?

Q. I am scheduled for my Wavefront Lasik surgery next week. I was told this is the most recent, top of the line procedure available to date. I want to achieve better than perfect vision (20/10 or 20/15); and although it is not guaranteed, Wavefront Lasik has a higher percentage of success compared to other procedures to achieve, what I like to call, "high definition vision". Does anyone have any testimonials or web site links to verify if this is statistically true?


Answer
Wavefront lasik will in most cases give better results compared to surgery without using wavefront.

However as you say yourself results are not guaranteed.

Of course with all laser eye surgery there is of course no permanent cure and at some stage later in life spectacles will again need to be worn.

Please read up as much as you can before considering surgery.

Good Luck

Dominic
Retired optometrist and husband of refractive eye surgery patient(now wearing spectacles 9yrs later!)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can LASIK eye surgery improve your eyesight to a certain percentage?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP