Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Laser Eye Surgery - How long do you have to stop wearing contacts before a consultation?ontact lenses?

laser eye surgery 5 years
 on Eye Surgery at the Centro Motel - Check out Centro's Awesome Blog ...
laser eye surgery 5 years image




Shorty


I have hard contact lenses which I wear everyday, and have been doing so for the last 5/6 years, and I am considering gettting laser eye surgery. I know I would have to stop wearing my contacts for a few weeks before even going for a consultation but I can't remember the exact time can anyone tell me how many weeks it is?

Also is it possible to wear soft contact lenses for a certain amount of weeks and then my glasses and then get the consultation done?



Answer
I had Laser eye surgery done after wearing glasses for 16 years. It has been perfect for me. I have had no changes. Of course, as I age, I expect changes. I also co-manage refractive surgery and have seen hundreds of successful patients. It doesn't hurt, generally. There is a bit of pressure, but no real pain if you have Laser eye surgery. The PRK version (where no flap is cut) is a little more uncomfortable for the first few days following the procedure. I've seen several people who said they were in some pain, but healed just fine. I used to wear both glasses and contact lenses. I had Laser eye surgery done and it's the best decision I've ever made. I can see clearly, no squinting, no driving with glasses anymore. I can read road signs, see the individual leaves in the trees (they're not just a blurry mess anymore). It's also nice to be able to see what time it is when I wake up. The procedure is painless (although a bit uncomfortable) but takes less than 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

If you need help finding a reputed surgeon in India u can check out the ink below:
http://www.indianhealthguru.com
You can schedule a free appointment there and they'll answer all your questions and see if you qualify as a good candidate or not

I have contact lenses and I am 13. Will I be able to become an RAF pilot with laser eye surgery?




Some Guy


I have always wanted to be a pilot (specifically a pilot) in the RAF but I have contact lenses.
Do you think in 5 years my sight could recover? (probably not)
And if I were to have laser eye surgery, would I be allowed?



Answer
At this point in time you can't tell what will happen 5 years in advance. Your eyes are quite likely to change and that could be for better or worse although its more likely they will get worse. In 5 years time RAF rules on this type of thing may have changed and will in any case depend on your exact perscription at the time. Also there may be new developments - when I was 13 contacts were new and laser surgery unheard of. Keep hoping but do make other plans as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Laser Eye Surgery - How long do you have to stop wearing contacts before a consultation?ontact lenses?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP