Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Would I be a good Candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery?

lasik eye surgery 2012
 on Posted by Christi on November 15, 2012 1 Comment
lasik eye surgery 2012 image




basketball


I was diagnosed on August 15th 2012 with accommodative esotropia. I'm really self conscious about it still even though my doctor prescribed me glasses. I'm still wearing glasses but I feel as if they're not working at all. I did research and found out that lasik could be an alternative to glasses AND contacts. I play basketball and wearing glasses really gets in the way of it and my confidence. I know that lasik helps farsightednesss which is what I have. My eyes are still not straight with the glasses and I feel that my ophthalmologistt misdiagnosed me or maybe I just have regular esotropia OR partially accomdoative esotropia. WHAT DO I DO!!!
@djaca- where can I get a list of those seminars

I'm +2.5, +2.25 or +2.5, 2.75. I forgot but my left eye is the weaker one
@Emily According to my research, if my doctor's diagnosis is indeed correct and I do in fact have accomodative esotropia then my eye turning isn't a muscle problem; it's just a cause of the hyperopia.



Answer
LASIK most definitely corrects farsightedness, also known as hyperopia. But if your esotropia is caused from a muscle problem, then LASIK will not make your eyes "straight". Being young with a hyperopic prescription can cause your eyes to slightly cross, (accommodative esotropia), therefore getting LASIK surgery to get rid of the prescription will correct your problem. :)


^^ yes that is what I said, and LASIK corrects hyperopia, which can cause esotropia. But not everyone with esotropia is hyperopic. I was simply stating that there are different causes for it. For example, my best friend has accomodative esotropia from a muscle problem, but the only time it is noticable is when she is tired or drinking because the muscles relax even more and she cannot "accomodate" through it.

Lasik eye surgery? Prices in Michigan?




Candice S


Just looking for some accurate prices for this surgery...i have heard everything from 299 to 2000...so does anyone know of the prices in Michigan


Answer
Some national chains advertise Lasik prices as low at $299 an eye, but a look at the financial reports of those same chains will find what they really charge. The average Lasik cost in 2012 is about $1,950 per eye. The price of Lasik varies from about $1,600 to $3,200 per eye, depending on the surgeon and technology, according to David Harmon, president of the St. Louis research firm Market Scope. What is paid by an indivudal will depend greatly on the patient's unique circumstances, which procedure is recommended, and market competition.

Read: http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/lasik-cost-price.htm

Nobody wants to pay too much for anything, but this is microsurgery on eyes. If the best available surgeon is unaffordable, then the wise choice may be to not have Lasik at all. An inexperienced doctor is no bargain at any price.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would I be a good Candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP