Thursday, August 1, 2013

Has anybody had the laser eye surgery done at LASIK Vision Institute in Rancho Cordova?

laser eye surgery 5 years later
 on started waring glasses when I was 11 years old. Three years later I ...
laser eye surgery 5 years later image




annitta


I went for a consultation a few weeks ago and the office seemed very clean and everyone was very nice and very thorough with the explanations and so i have an appt for Thursday and im very nervous, has anyone gone here before? i read somethings about scams and bad service but those were mostly in Florida and some other states but i couldn't find anyone who had it done i this specific location. or any info or experiences about this specific clinic? Please! i am scared now...


Answer
If you are scared, cancel the appointment until you can get more information. Although the Rancho Cordova Lasik Vision Institute does have a website, I could find no independent patient reviews. This is both good and bad. People who have had unpleasant experiences or bad surgical outcomes are more likely to post complaints than those that don't, but not finding any reviews does concern me. If you know the name of your Lasik Surgeon, you can try googling "his/her name MD and Rancho Cordova" and see the individual surgeon has any patient reviews.

Were your eyes examined by your Lasik surgeon and were you assured you that you are a good candidate for this procedure?
Has the Institute discussed all the risks and side effects that could result from this procedure?
Has the procedure and post surgical care been fully explained to you?

If any of the above were not covered during your consultation, I would be leary of going through with the surgery.

You cannot have this surgery until your vision has stabilized and it is safest if has been stabilized for two years. Vision usually stabilizes in your early to mid twenties. Having the surgery before total vision stabilization will result in your having undergo the surgery again at a later time.

Most people having Lasik surgery have satisfactory to excellent results, but the less than 5% that don't can suffer irreversible vision problems including severe vision loss. I hope you have thoroughly researched the Vision Corrective Laser Procedure that the clinic will preform on your eyes and checked out the Lasik surgeon.

how bad is my issue as a "glaucoma suspect"?




trin3unbre


So I've been going to multiple ophthalmologist and optometrist for the past few months. I'm a glaucoma suspect due to my optic nerve appearance and narrow angles. My recent consult was with an optometrist and he states that I'm a suspect OU from moderate cupping of ONH (0.7 / 0.6 ) and narrow angles (2x2 OU). I have outstanding vision but I thought I was a glaucoma suspect due to having high Intraocular pressure results stated by my regular ophthalmologist. My regular opthamalogist has been reading pressures from 21mmhg to 26mmhg the highest for the past 7 years (all he does is give me bad news). I believe his work is bogus. In January or February, I went to a different ophthalmologist and I got a reading of 15 and 17 mmhg but with the same problem; optic disc appearance. I went back to my regular doctor a week later and it seemed to me he wasn't taking me seriously. He gave me pressure readings of 24 each eye. However, I told him about my consult the week before, and he just laughed at me like I didn't know what I was talking about and boasted about how accurate his eye pressure reading device was although it looked cheap compared to the other tonopens I've seen in my opinion. This week, I went to an optometrist and got 3 diffferent readings ranging from 11mmhg to 18mmhg from the air puff machine. There was a 4th from a tonopen which gave me a reading of 14 left and 15 right.

I am not on any drops, had no laser eye surgery done and I have been getting my eyes checked every year for the past 7 years, still no nerve damage or changes to the appearence of my optic disc(no treatment what so ever) . My father is also a glaucoma suspect due to high intraocular pressure but not optic nerve appereance. His problem seems to be going away and now he has healthy eyes.

I've been eating healthy, consuming sodium at a bare minimum, limiting my time in front of a screen and drinking at most a gallon of water a day. I'm also 18 years old and sorry if the information above does not make sense to you as my doctor's hand writing is very hard to read.

Here are my questions...

1.) Is it possible for intraocular pressure to change within a week?

2.) I told some civilian doctors that I'm trying to join the military but the problem I have seems to make me unfit to join the Navy according to one doctor out all the MEPS doctors. I was told that it is better to get my problem fixed now and then try to enlist later. What do they mean get my problem fixed now? I thought we haven't developed technology sophisticated enough to cure glaucoma although I don't have it.

3.) I would prefer an eye doctor answer this one. Do I need treatment? I wasn't offered any.

4.) Could it be possible that the anatomy of my eyes was the same since birth? My recent consult believes so but does not feel safe to declare it and take me off the list of glaucoma suspects.

5.) What are some other tips to lower eye pressure?

6.) What is the worst that can happen to me with a given amount of time?

7.) I planned on trying out for the SEAL challenge program which involves alot of stress, pressure and physical training. Could this affect my eyes?

Thank you very much for your time.



Answer
You really should be having Goldman pressures taken. Air Puffs and Tonopens are screening devices. You should have a GDx and some visual fields. It is possible that your pressures vary this much. People with glaucoma tend to have more variation than the normal population. Has anyone done gonioscopy? This probably should be done. If it is determined that your narrow angles close off sometimes leading to spikes in pressure, you could have a peripheral iridotomy. If you just have narrow angle glaucoma, you would be considered "fixed" after having the PI.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anybody had the laser eye surgery done at LASIK Vision Institute in Rancho Cordova?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP