Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Working on the computer after laser eye surgery?

lasik eye surgery for presbyopia
 on Lasik surgery - experiences, risks, and costs - the truth about lasik.
lasik eye surgery for presbyopia image




TJ M


I just got PKR eye surgery. It is a different procedure than Lasek surgery but same outcome. I got it a week ago and am now back to work. I work at the computer all day. Is this bad for my eyes?


Answer
Working on the computer will cause no permanent damage to your eyes. It can cause eye fatigue. I assume you were near sighted prior to your PRK procedure, so you may need to focus more than before to see your monitor clearly. If you are over age 40 you may need extra help for things up close. This happens to everyone and it's called presbyopia. LASIK and PRK can do nothing for presbyopia!

Is it better to get laser eye surgery correction when you are younger?




lee


Or older? Also if my eyes have changed prescription slightly since 2 years ago, will they deteriate faster because my prescription changed slightly. I am currently about -1.75 in each eye and contemplating whether to get it done for around £2000 (in total because I need customvue as my pupils are too big for standard treatment). Many thanks for any answers :)


Answer
You probably get the most value for your money if you do it shortly after your eyes stop changing. For most people this is their mid twenties. The way we expect things to work is that LASIK takes care of your myopia pretty much for life. We do expect you to develop presbyopia some time in your forties. When that happens, you will need reading glasses. If you have LASIK in your mid twenties, you have the best chance at the most glasses free years possible for your money.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Working on the computer after laser eye surgery?
Rating: 98% based on 3217 ratings. 4,8 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Camera Info by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP